Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Ribs

FSM-Meatball
FSM-Meatball Posts: 215
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on doing some Baby Back Ribs tomorrow and I've seen several different recipes.

I really just want a simple method for the first time.

Heres what I'm Thinking
-Rub (My recipe, brown sugar based with spices)
-Egg around 250, indirect setup probably using a rib rack
-Drop ribs in egg
-Cook til done (guessing about 4 hours)
-Sauce during the last part of the cook
-I might try spritzing with apple juice during the cook
-Eat

What do you find works well for time/temp?
Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Your approach of four to five hours sounds good. When done they should pull back from the end of the bone some and also I'd recommend the bend test. Pick them up with your tongs and they should bend easily and maybe even break in 1/2 so watch out that you don't drop them.
  •  
    Hi Boston

In that link of yours the "=" before CW Mike should have been a "]". I tried that and it did not fix it so I tried going to the recipe section and copied the url myself and tried to link the page to "CW Mike", similar to what you were doing and it still did not work right! This is something to do with the forum software, links like that are easy as falling off a log after you do a million of them.

I went out to thirdeye's web sight where the same information is posted and tried it with his url and the stupid thing worked!?!?! CW Mike

This weird . . . very weird! :blink:

Blair

• I am also a new egger and let me tell you the 3-2-1 method is the way to go!

3 hours at 250 dome.
    2 hours wrapped in foil with 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
    1 hour unwrapped and on the grill finishing with bbq sauce to get the sticky glaze.

Oh and don't be nervous about using mustard on your ribs as you can't taste it at all and it makes a GREAT bark on your ribs!