Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken and Dumplings Recipe Needed

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was planning on spatchcocking a chicken tonight on the egg and decided that Chicken and Dumplings sounded good. I found a recipe that called for a roasted chicken. Does anyone else have a good recipe they might share?[p]Also, if any one looks at this link, could you tell me why you discard the neck and giblets (step#2)instead of using them in the stock. [p]Steve-B[p]Here the link:
[ul][li]Chicken and Dumplings Recipe Link[/ul]

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I'd only discard the liver, not the gizzard or neck.
    Bob

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Steve-B,
    I have never had the (white version ) of chicken and dumplings as the recipe states, but here in South Louisiana, chicken and dumplings are a major staple. The chicken is cooked in a stew fashion using a brown roux, then the dumplings are dropped by tablespoons on top of the stew after it is cooked. Cooking the dumplins on a low fire with the cover on as to steam the dumplings. The recipe for the dumplings looks ok except I would add a little cayenne with fresh chopped parsley and thin sliced green onions. HTH

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]I'll give this one a try. This is the style I always have had. I'll be trying the Southern Louisiana style very soon. It sounds right up my alley.[p]Steve-B