Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morning Joe!!

Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the immortal words of Gordon Gekko...

"Money never sleeps Buddy Boy"!

(on a semi-related note)...Starbucks reported a GREAT quarter yesterday!!

Ok...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

1f95fe18.jpg

Anybody need a refill while I'm up?

;)

Wishing I was having a snow day!!
I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Chubby:

I'm not Joe (that's my brother) and I don't even drink coffee so I guess your post doesn't apply to me at all then!?!? :laugh: :ermm: :woohoo:

Also, we don't have snow days in Florida (though according to Florida Grilling Girl it has been cold enough to have "cold days" maybe).

Glad to see you back frequenting the forum occasionnally, drop by more often! B)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Morning.
    I skipped the Joe and went head on with a fatty on toast for breakfast. Now for a quick nap before the Docs show up.
    Night...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Good morning Chubby. :)

Like you i'm enjoying my cup of coffee as I type.

Have a good day. ;)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Lookin' good, Evans! I see you have a cup to match your signature.... :laugh:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i made a pot of coffee at 2am.... finally got to bed at 5am (my deadline was 6am, i was an hour early :laugh: ), and my wife had another pot ready to go for me at 8am, when i had to get up to make any corrections the client wanted

zzzzzzzz

i couldn't live without coffee :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Morning Chubby
    We have the same coffee maker and like it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubby
    It's my favorite...and yes, the inspiration for my tag line.

:P
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Coffee is good. But burnt bucks? Really?
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Thanks, but I got 'em brewing thick and strong! Need to after get home from work at 1:am.

IMG00006-20110127-0900.jpg
  • Chubby
    Well, I dont drink much Starbucks (unless i'm on the road, and even then I order a Mocha)...but the stock is a different animal!!

It has been very very good to me...lol!!

Evans
  • Chubby
    With those hours...you won't have to worry about "living" for too long...lol!!

Take a snow day today...go ahead!!

;)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Well look what the cat coughed up! :woohoo: Feelin' pretty friskie, I see....actually initiating a post.

Sure looking forward to seeing Ann this weekend. ;)

BuddyLawn
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    oh man. i am in the doghouse...
    turned in the work at 5am. woke at 8 am to four pages of edits, which i JUST got done. i kid you not, the second i got the "all clear" email from my client at 12:45 saying we were "all done and good-to-go", my wife walked in from shoveling the driveway and walk :ermm:

im glad i don't have to do it after workin all night, but what's worse, shovelin the driveway or living with a wife who had to shovel it herself? :pinch:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Good Morning Chubby! :) (well, now it's afternoon).

Maybe, just maybe, if you're good, lowercase bill will send you caveman coffee. If not, maybe he'll send some to Ann. :laugh:
  • BigBadger
    stike wrote:
    oh man. i am in the doghouse... but what's worse, shovelin the driveway or living with a wife who had to shovel it herself? :pinch:

Yikes... But I guess as long as you are bringing home the bacon..... and cooking it up wrapped around scallops or jalapeño peppers.. ;)
  • dhuffjr
    He has a point. :woohoo:
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I have a similar coffee maker to the first pic. Makes good coffee. Big fan of Starbucks. Drank a pot of Verona today, but Colombian is my standby. Love it. Also mix in my other favorite coffee Tim Hortons, but since I don't have an endless supply of it I have to ration. My big tins last months. Love Timmies. Miss it dearly.

Anyone have the single cup makers? I've been thinking about getting one. They are like $130 or so. Not sure if it's worth it. Plus the price/cup is very high.
  • NM
    Judy in San Diego
  • Chubs:

Just finished my usual late breakfast with the morning ritual...a BIG cup of double espresso and all the foamed milk it will hold. It's the only reason to get up, really.

DSC01485.jpg

Judy in San Diego, now ready to WASH THAT FLOOR!
    Judy in San Diego
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    That is quite the set-up Judy. Wow.

I just brewed up some Tim Hortons. It's almost ready....

Double double.
  • Chubby
    I was up @ 5:30...

Way too early for me to operate the Esspresso machine....waaaay toooo early!!

Left to my own devices...I'd just boil water and enjoy a nice French Press, but alas...the Wife'r will want some, and then I'm back to make more.

We're lucky enough to have a couple good micro roasterts right here in Houston....so I'm set!

As he said Jusy...nice set up!! I'll keep your house in mind next time i'm in SD, but just not before 10:00!!

Evans
  • You got that just right, Chubs...I do not get up before at least 10 AM unless my presence is required. But then I'm up till 1 or 2 AM so my life is a little skewed and mornings are usually missing from my life.

Somewhat cockeyed Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • dhuffjr
    I normally drink coffee till my heart starts fluttering.....that is natures way of saying enough :whistle:

So I stick with a traditional coffee pot myself. Plus my coffee of choice is from a local roaster. Vastly superior to SB.

Boston Stoker is their name, located in Dayton Ohio.
  • If you mean the ones with the little metal capsules for each serving, AGGGGGH!

I've tasted them several times at store demonstrations and they are VILE if you really love good coffee.

Just a nonjudgmental opinion from a sweet little old lady.

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • BigBadger
    Is that a Reg Barber Tamper? They make those down the street from my home!
  • Nope, it's an Espro, the kind that automatically tamps with 30 lbs. of pressure. I can't tell you how great it is to eliminate that variable from every pull, along with weighing the beans before grinding. I get exactly the same brew every time!

And using a bottomless portafilter makes coffee so much better than the portafilter that came with the machine. (I'd say "naked portafilter" as it's commonly known, but that would invite too many innuendoes from some of the male forum members who can't pass up the opportunity.)

I have a Reg Barber somewhere in my cabinet, from an earlier machine...it's too beautiful to get rid of. I don't even remember the diameter any more.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego