Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NHL All-Star Game

Options
NC-CDN
NC-CDN Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any Eggheads going to this in Raleigh? I know there are a number of Raleigh folks on here.

I'll be at both the skills competition on Saturday and the All-Star game on Sunday. Can't wait.

I'd love to say "hi" to any folks who make it and if they are cooking ..... I'd love to say "hi" even more!!!!

Comments

• Chef Charles
    Options
    Andrew

Have a good time. The game is coming our way next year.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• NC-CDN
    Options
    Tom,

You up near Kanata? Ottawa, Montreal or Toronto fan? Should be alot of fun. Hopefully you go when it comes up there. It definetly adds some excitement to the area.

Raleigh is abuzz right now. The whole downtown has been hockeyized. It's pretty cool looking. I haven't been downtown yet and I don't know if I will. Our arena is well out of the downtown in a rural type area. I've heard the area looks cool though. See what the wife says tomorrow. All of our kids (3) are 5 and under. Not sure I want to venture.

Question....

Do I wear a Canes jersey, Team Canada jersey or a Toronto jersey (Ken Baumgartner)? Anyone???
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You have a Bomber jersey? Want to sell it?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NC-CDN
    Options
    Steve, Yup. That's the only Toronto one I have. Loved him back in the day. I always liked the fighters. IT's not the pro jersey with the fight strap and all that. It was the cheaper one. I think mine even has Don Cherry's autograph on it on the Leaf on the front. I have a Canes had from a couple of years ago when I got his autograph here in Raleigh too.

I was actually going over to talk to Bill Cowher, who used to coach the Pittsburgh Steelers down here in the US. All of a sudden my plan changed as God himself walked up with his handlers. I was lovin it. I talked to him for a sec after he met Bill and they got some photos of it. Love seeing Cherry man. Hope to see him tomorrow and or the next day. My DSLR will be in hand.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Andrew,

Did you ever see the commercial where Bomber was being interviewed and he was eating the pucks while concentrating on the game?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NC-CDN
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    Andrew,

Did you ever see the commercial where Bomber was being interviewed and he was eating the pucks while concentrating on the game?

Steve

I likely did, but I can't remember for the life of me. Maybe youtube....nope. Couldn't see it. He was actually a pretty smart goon. I think he even headed up the NHLPA for a stint or was the Leafs rep or something. Didn't love his helmet. LOL.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Do you remember the fight he had with Semenko? Wasn't a classic, pretty much a draw but on the way to the box Bomber got a big smile on his face and starts talking to Semenko and saying stuff. The whole time in the box he's got this big smile on his face and talking. The rest of the game every time he got out against him he's smiling and talking. Semenko was not at all pleased with this and took a couple of dumb penalties. Bomber was interviewed after the game and asked what he was trying to say he said "Well I was just trying to congratulate him on a good fight but he didn't seem to understand me...you see I don't speak cement"

Steve 

Caledon, ON