Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Enough already!

Options

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    My daughter, S-I-L and granddaughter moved to Auburn, MA in November. So far every snow you guys have had my S-I-L has had an away game....my daughter is excited that Kevin gets to shovel snow today and not her...she wants to move back to Florida where she grew up.... :laugh: :woohoo: :lol: :silly:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I am so glad that is you and not me.
    Looking at 70 Friday.
    Texas where we do not see a LOT of the white stuff.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Raised on Webber
    Options
    Move to Florida, we're giving condos away and you'll never see snow.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    gotta love the stuff, all the unhappy people stay indoors :laugh: the rest are skiing, fishing, sledding :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    Raised on Webber wrote:
    Move to Florida, we're giving condos away and you'll never see snow.

:laugh: :laugh: that is funny!

Sorry Cptn, I love the snow. I wish it was that deep in my backyard.

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Egghead Willie
    Options
    I feel your pain brother I feel your pain.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hope you have all those pretty cactus plants inside :ohmy:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • jurisdoc
    Options
    53 and sunny here. Come visit for a spell.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Woke up this morning to 13-14" of new stuff. The blizzard a week or two ago left 2 feet, plus a couple of dustings since then of 2-8". Very little of it has melted or evaporated.

I have piles around the perimeter of my patio (hey, gotta shovel out the egg!) that are about 6' deep. Depth in my yard is probably 3' or so. Wouldn't surprise me if I have to replace some shrubs in the Spring. So far, the snowblower has been able to throw it OVER the stuff at the edge of my driveway. If this keeps up, the snow's just gonna hit the wall and bounce back!

Rumor has it that we have a Nor'easter coming on Tuesday. Ain't that just wonderful? Glad I don't have a flat roof!!! :laugh: The good news is - the roads are clear, as they always are.

If we say "uncle", will that help?

EDIT: Just looked at a couple of weather guesses. So far, it appears the rumor of a Nor'easter next week is inaccurate. Hope so.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Ha! You have a bad case of SNOW! For Tennessee we have been snowed on a lot this year. Time to start selling snow cones. :laugh:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Capt., sure looks beautiful to me!!!! :) I never seem to get enough snow.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You're welcome to mine, Rebecca'!!! I've had enough for one winter!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Beaker
    Beaker Posts: 293
    Options
    Nice here today
  • ranger ray
    Options
    cool pic.... it's
    the same here i NEPA>.. would it not be more prudent to put your egg closer to the house???? or in one of your sheds? hey i a dumb ass coal cracker,,,.... what do i know we have " shanty's" for everything...rrr
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I love the stuff.....just wish the towns would knock down some of the snowbanks....almost got nailed the other day....

Oh yeah, and if you are afraid to go over 20 mph on a plowed road than please stay home...

Other than that love the stuff....heading up to NH tonight for some skiing tomorrow...they only got about 4" out of this one but hey, they've had enough that 100% is open....
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    It is beautiful, but not quite beautiful enough :laugh:
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Cannon Mtn used to be my favorite. I still have a book of single ride tickets from the 70's. Wonder if they would still honor them.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    if you havent skied in a while the new short funny looking skis are crazy fun, the edge is shaped so they cut as hard as the long boards and you actually can search out ice to attack with them.
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    at least when the stuff hits, you can play in it and get actual exercise, right? sledding, kids making forts, family snowball fights...

down south, when it's 95% humidity and 100 degrees, you just stay inside with the shades drawn and the pretend a/c atmosphere :unsure:

there's nothing the matter with having four seasons.

no one sings "i'm dreaming of a humid christmas"

:laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    my first skis were slaloms, 160s. wicked short.

seemed like you could look left and make a 90 degree turn :laugh:

i hear they don't make rear entry boots anymore... i had some fischers, among the first, and we used to ski barefoot (i mean, no socks). we'd spray our feet with a quick hit off silicone and slide the boots and and crank them down. no idea WHY, except sometimes the rubber was too difficult to get a foot into. but the silicone was kinda funny thinking back on it

college skiing was fun... long time ago.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    my langs were just before the rear entry boots, if you sprained your ankle trying to get them on it was a long day, i still wear em :laugh: rent a pair of the newer skis, 165/170, ask for an aggressive ski, they react as well as 200's on big slopes but you can easily manuever on the center ice trails
    fukahwee maine

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i came from the school of "SHORT SKIS SUCK, LONG SKIS TRUCK"!! still have my 205s down in the basement (a pair of Kastle "ice" skis that didn't turn worth a dime, but were great for blue ice days, they would hold an edge on glare ice with no sweat.....and a pair of K2 5500s that were just the best cruisers made 20 years ago...)....been ten years since i've been on skis, really need to go back out!! ..and yeah, i had a pair of re-entry nordica's....most comfortable boots i ever owned ....crank em down at 8am, and didn't unbuckle them till 4pm. . .they were great! ....then got a pair of san marco's that i also loved (still have them)...very low to the ground for good 'feel', and with a pair of orthotics in them, as comfortable as any other boot i ever tried ....back in the early 80s i was a master boot fitter at a big ski shop here. ..
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the way the new ones are shaped they dig in like a long board, my newer 170's are more like an old 210 the way they cut in, you do lose some of the small spacing of the long boards but gain control at speed, i was never graceful on the slopes, fast and reckless was more like it :laugh: me and my brother would look for the scariest rocky ice trail and go for it :laugh: anybody can ski in the snow :laugh: my big ole k2 slaloms are resting now in the attic, someday to become a fishing sled. my langes hurt like anything, unclamp at the bottom of the trail, clamp them back up top, maybe make an adjustment when all feeling goes away, i hate loose boots
    fukahwee maine

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    down to 170's myself...newer shape actually "want" to turn...almost hard to ski straight...

Fishless....haven't tried the snow skates yet....I know a couple of people that don't even own full size ski's anymore....may have to try them.