Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Eats

Beaker
Beaker Posts: 293
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So...what is everyone cooking for the SuperBowl?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    hahaha! I don't know what I'm cooking TONIGHT! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    CHEESE!!! :silly: :lol: :woohoo: :laugh: Go steelers!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Smoking a bunch of whole chickens for some pulled bbq chick sandwiches. My friends are going to love them!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Ribs & snacks GO STEELERS
  • Beaker
    Sounds awesome Molly...can I be one of your friends? :laugh: :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    What are you cooking Brian?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I'll be smoking some butts for the neighbors(and a couple for myself) :)

DSC_0044-5.jpg

Then some snack food :woohoo:
    Sausage and cheese crackers:

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Stuffed Fritos:

DSC_0023.jpg

And some ABT's:

DSC_0045.jpg

But other than that,I'm not sure yet :silly: :laugh:
  • Beaker
    Undecided...that is why I threw out the question. Need some innovative ideas. I know I will be doing a brisket, rolled and stuffed chicken breasts, ABT's. Looking for something else fun and innovative...and DELICIOUS.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Sparky,

You gonna be able to watch any of the game with all that
    going on? :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beaker
    That is what I am tgalking about!! Great ideas ! Thanks
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    This was part of last years menu

100_3748.jpg

This year friends want to contribute so I'm not sure how may butts or briskets let alone pounds of loins, chicken or whatever strange meats appear in the days before the party but with my eggs plus my dealer Grillmandan's trailer it will all work out

100_3758-1.jpg

It's the only party I have all year so it's usually pretty big
  • Beaker
    Dang...forget cookin...I'm coming to your house! :laugh: :blink: :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Dude,

He doesn't share any of that. He orders pizza for guests B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beaker
    As long as the pizza's are EGGed I am OK with that!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Get Norma to toss you out of the plane as you fly over, I'll pick you up as long as you land close :laugh:
  • I've been type cast as one that must bring pulled pork and ABT's for the parties. Not that I'm complaining, cause damn they're good :woohoo:
  • Beaker
    Ok!! Here I come.... :P :P :woohoo: :woohoo:

Skyimages.jpg
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    I'd like to smoke eleven Packers, and top that off with eleven more.
    Go Steelers!!
  • Nachos? All layered with the melted cheese~

PB093611.jpg

Mainegg's lobster dip?

P9063309.jpg

Stuffed Fritos?

throwdownIV-outbackbowl2009038.jpg

ABT's maybe, along with stuffed mushrooms?

P6020414.jpg

I'm not sure what I am making yet, but these are some of the possibilities.......
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Beaker
    Dang Faith. That is a high bar...mmmmmmmm. Nachos I did not even think of until posted here a couple times. I love this forum!! Lobster? Too high class for my group. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Unless of course someone shows up with a bunch of em !! Then they will get EGG'd for sure !
  • Beaker, the nachos were great, and I think somewhat forgotten for egging.

I egged up the meat to get some smoke~

PB093599.jpg

Then made some layers with chips and meat in a cast iron oval dish I have~

PB093601.jpg

Then melted the cheese on top, removed from the egg and added sour cream, chopped tomato, and some avocado. The were the best nachos I have ever had. And I think they would be great for the Superbowl.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• cookn biker
    I think you are right Faith. I gotta try that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Beaker
    Faith thanks for this...I am going to try this for sure. Will post pics, hopefully they will look somewhere close to yours !!
  • cookn biker
    You should smoke a chub of baloney. That'll really knock you and your friends tastebuds. Try it once, promise it'll be great!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • That's a great sight
  • JCO
    JCO Posts: 49
    We're having a reptile dinner: turtle soup and alligator sauce piquant. I'm sure we'll also have some other appetizers, but those are the main characters.
  • Your welcome, Beaker. I know they will be good, and the presentation is great too.

Edit: I forgot to say that it is seasoned taco meat, either with a pkge mix or your own taco seasonings. I threw in mushrooms because I had them in the fridge!

• Beaker
    Ever cooked one of these? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blink:

geckoimages.jpg

Might need to try one
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Those stuffed fritos look great. I really need to try them. I don't think I will be cooking. We will be going to a friends house. Although the wife did mention something about getting rid of that turkey in the freezer, so I might smoke that and bring it along. Think it will stay warm on the two block car trip over to their house?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings