Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does anyone have a Custom Grill Grate?

OconeeDawg
OconeeDawg Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking a the Huntingdon Custom Grill Grate for my L BGE. http://www.huntingdoncocustoms.com/22prst.html This is the link! I want the Full Griddle!

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Check with Spring Chicken...Leroy has several. ;)
  • My Sweetie had this one made for my Christmas present.

SpringChickenGrid2.jpg

It was made by Texans Barbecue & Catering in Willis, TX 936-890-2100

I don't have a clue as to how much she paid for it.

Works great.

It's the only custom made one but I also have all the other stuff (original, stainless, cast iron, including this one:

Grid-GriddleCombo.jpg

I've only used it a couple of times.

I say treat yourself and have one made. You're going to have your Egg for a long, long time.

Spring "Try It You'll Like It" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Thanks for the info!
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    I have one from them. Have had it for almost one year.

DSC_0157resized-1.jpg

DSC_0300resized.jpg

Pros: Very good detail work
    Cons: Delivery delays

Use: This is not the exact equivalent of a cast iron grate. It shares some characteristics in heat retention/distribution and maintenance needs. But this is a hybrid of a flat top griddle and a grill grate because of the flat surface. That's neither good nor bad, it's just different. If you are looking at it for the griddle option, then it's perfectly suited for that.

We use ours on my wife's large. I like the "griddle sear" I get with it for burgers. Let me know if you want to know anything else.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    OconeeDawg, I have one made by Texans Barbecue & Catering in Willis, TX 936-890-2100. I love it and use it on 95% of my cooks. It has all the advantages of cast iron without ever having to worry about it breaking. Sorry, no pictures of mine, never figured how to post them.
    You can call Texan BBQ and ask for Danny. He will work with you on about any design you want and I think you will be pleased with the grill. Tell him you cook on an egg like Popsicle and Spring Chicken and he will know what you are looking for.
    I am not affiliated with Texan BBQ in any way just eat a lot of Q there.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.