Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have experience with wild boar shoulder?

Options
Fajing
Fajing Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking at www.brokenarrowranch.com as recommended in this month's Bon Appetit magazine. Is it worth $10 a pound? That's 10 times what I can buy a pork butt for.

They also recommend www.heritagefoodsusa.com.

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Fajing: No disrespect, but he!! no!!! :blink: Wild Boar is considered a nuisance in many States, Florida is one of them. There is no 'closed' season, and hunting is encouraged year round. For that kind of money, save for a hunting trip to Florida. Our buddies went hunting here, and had 400 pounds plus of Wild Boar bagged in less than half an hour. Just my two cents!
  • Fajing
    Fajing Posts: 34
    Options
    No disrespect taken. Thanks for the reply. :)
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Options
    Worth it? Probably not. But if you're not a hunter and it's the only way to get Boar meat.......

I've never tried it and am not a hunter so I would probably do it at least once just to try it. Like I have with Bison, Ostrich and Guttersnipe..... :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • ranger ray
    Options
    are you crazy????

?????
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    LC,

Something tells me I could really enjoy that kind of carnage. :evil:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    count me as a "why not" kinda person.

have you ever had it? is it worth ten bucks for you to know yourself whether it's any good? are you going to let other people tell you that since they don't like it, you won't either?

heck, even the "it's expensive" math is poor. what would the total cost be for you to go and hunt/kill one yourself? it might be cheaper per pound, but you'd have much more to spend and a lot of meat you don't know if you'd like anyway.

i dunno. seems simple to me.

interested? buy it and try it.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante