Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mapquest GPS iPhone app

Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in Off Topic
For those of you who have an iPhone and haven't yet discovered this, Mapquest has a free app in the app store that, so far anyway, appears to be as good as my Garmin GPS. The woman even says, "recalculating" when you miss a turn. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Just loaded it!!! Seems to work pretty good and is sure cheaper than gps feature from AT&T. Thanks for sharing ;)
  • Carolina Q
    Haha. I didn't even know AT&T HAD a GPS offering!

I used it yesterday to go to a store that I already knew how to get to, just to check. It worked perfectly, except that I had pulled into the parking lot before the voice told me I was there. No, "arriving at destination, on right"... until I had already parked.

That's okay though, I guess. Garmin tells me I have arrived at my son's New York City apt two blocks before I have!!

Still... free is free.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I'm looking for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't seem to find a freebie though.
  • Carolina Q
    Rod, it's called "Mapquest 4 mobile", though all I had to search for was mapquest and there it was.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    Ah well, that explains it. i found it. I was searching under Garmin.

I failed reading comprehension.
  • Carolina Q
    hahahahaha! Glad u found it. I thought maybe they had decided to start CHARGING for it!! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Michael,

Is she the one with the English accent? I hate her!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Nope. Plain old US English. Don't think it'll work in Canada anyway. Pretty sure they only do PAVED roads. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    i don't know why he's asking, he can't drive anyway. Can't see over the dash.
  • Little Steven
    I have phone books and pedal blocks in my Tundra :angry:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    What is a phone book? ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fidel
    You should see him try to pilot a boat. He has to stand up beside the console because he cant see over it.

It's kinda cute watching him fish though. He hops a little bit to cast without hitting the rail on the side of the pontoon.
  • Little Steven
    You shoulda seen me with my 42 footer. Had to stand on the seat but I could slide it in to a hot dog bun

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    slide what into a hot dog bun?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Cruezn
    Cruezn Posts: 317
    I'm downloading the app now. Thanks for the heads up.