Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook with New Gasket

Uncle Phil
Uncle Phil Posts: 669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all of you that provided input in getting the new Nomex gasket on and most importantly, the two halves of the Egg aligned. Here are a few picks of the Egg in action with the new gasket. Look ma, no leaks!

Uncle Phil
P1000692.jpg
P1000689.jpg
P1000688.jpg
P1000687.jpg
P1000686.jpg:)

Comments

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    We cooked today for the first time with a new gasket as well....when we bought our small, the dealer actually gave us 2 extra gaskets (should have had a clue, right). The first one was not installed correctly and it promptly came off. We waited for several months before putting the new one on. If not for the posts in the archives I'm sure we would have had a royal mess. This forum rocks! :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Phil, what's that big stainless thing to the right of the egg?! Storage? :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• As soon as it warms up I will have to replace the gasket on my Large
  • That's my bun warmer!