Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Itialian Beef

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i finally took the time to take photos. but i made some itialian beef sandwitches. with a little help from a few people. i will forget some so i will only mention one. see this started for me a few years ago when i wandered into a place called chicago delights. it is behind the "big "chicken" on cobb parkway in marrietta georgia. well i tried a itialian beef sandwitch and fell in love. well the one thing i could not get right was giardinera. i made a couple batches. and coulld not get it right. well i asked questions about it and got to talking to "The Dirty Burger". well time passed i forgot about it. so this past christmas i got a email requesting my address. so i sent it to him and a few days later i got 4 bottles from rubino's. along with some assorted rubs. well i sent him a thank you email and told him i was going to try to make beefs for the supper bowl. as it got closer it was begining to look like pittsburgh and chicago may end up in the super bowl together so i had to make them this weekend. so the first thing i did was talk to the deli manager at my local publix. they made me the chicago style rolls but they made them as big as a regular hoagie ;) i also bught the top round (i think it was a top round). anyway i seasoned the hunk o beef and vacume sealed it for two days. then i dropped it on to the egg

1-24-2011001.jpg
the tewp was 350 i put some wiskey barrell chips in. and cooked it to 125 degrees.

1-24-2011007.jpg

put it the fridge so i could slice it
1-24-2011008.jpg
pile o meat

i just used a aujus package some beef stock and a envelope of meatloaf mix. it turned out really good thanks to el dirty and all else who helped..

1-24-2011010.jpg

1-24-2011011.jpg

1-24-2011012.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Nice Terry. Beef perfectly done and sandwich looks terrific.

Oh yeah, GO STEELERS!!! :woohoo: They sure know how to keep things interesting don't they?
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Great lookin' sammich there Terry...that might be a camping special... :) :laugh: :lol: :woohoo:

Congrats to the guys in gold.... :woohoo:
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Those look great Terry...Thanks for sharing.

Larry
  • I'm glad your beefs turned out better than the game. Here's hoping those Stillers humiliate the Packers.
  • Terry
    It looks amazing. I was wondering which of the 2 you preferred - the regular giardineria or the relish style?
  • BENTE
    yea mark they do. i have no fingernails left after yesterday.. hopefully the defense will pull one out for us in two weeks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks kim yea it would work good at the campsite. you just have to do everything at home first. then use as crock pot for the au jus B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks larry. i hope to see you this spring. if your dealers will do some more demo's

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks ben! they looked good the first qhalf then looked terrible

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    well i mixed them together. i used the hot relish style and the mild regular grind...

and i thought the rubs worked really well. i added some coriander to the beef just cause i like it. but the rest was your rub... thanks again for your kindness ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Awesome TB. Glad I could help out.
  • That looks great - I'm hungry now
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    tb,

Great looking sandwich!

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • BENTE

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thank you it was great

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks alot

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    NYUMM-NYUMM-NYUMM!You did a GREAT job. :)
  • BENTE
    thanks hoss B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    There should be a photo blocking option on here for when you haven't had dinner yet :P

The sandwich makes me ready to eat but dinner is about 1 hour away. Nicely done. I like the blend of two giardiniera.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Terry, You aced that one!! Looks delish!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BENTE
    thanks it was really worth the time plus i did not misws any of the game :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    thanks molly!!!

i hope all is well for you ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Looks great Terry. :P I assume you have a slicer what kind do you have? Tim :)
  • BENTE
    i have a pos waring pro. i would not recomend it to anyone for any reason...

hope you and cindy are well ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    We will be doing better when the weather warms up and the grass starts growing again. B) Thanks for the heads up on the slicer. :)

Here is to you and your family. ;)
  • No problem. Just so you know the relish is OUTSTANDING on hotdogs.
  • It looks great, Bente. Good idea talking to the bakery about making the hard rolls into the hoagie shape. Wish I had thought of that. I used the soft hoagie roll and it's just not the same.

P1093870.jpg
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Now that's a sandwich!!!!! :)
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    ooooh my god...
    that's taking sandwiches no another level...
    sooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood....
  • BENTE
    if you do talk to them do not bring your rolls home and put them into a ziplock bag to keep them fresh... i did that and the outside got softer i will try it again soon... thanks for your help i used 125 like you said ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb