Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Restaurant

Options
disabledBGEWDE
disabledBGEWDE Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw something on TLC or Discovery or Food Network or something recently about Weber having a restaurant in Chicago. They cook everything indoors on charcoal, Weber, kettles. Everything from appetizers to deserts, and all in between.[p]As anyone thought of the possibilities of a BGE dining facility?

Comments

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    My friend works their and said they are busy all of the time. They even have a Weber Grill on the outside of the restaurant above the doors. That would be nice to have a BGE restaurant but obviously Weber has the name recognition. But a BGE restaurant in Atlanta might do well.

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    I drove by one of those Weber restaurants this summer in Chicago and they have a GIGANTIC Weber grill in front of the place!! Maybe we will see a REALLY BGE !!!!
    Az Geoff

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    WVU-Egg,
    I guarantee you that the food would be better than any you could find restaurant wise anywhere else. They would have a montly customer in me.[p]The hood ventalation system at the Weber restaurant is supposedly the best in the US. [p]I would love to see a BGE Restaruant.

• BGEWDE, check out www.webergrillrestaurant.com for a preview of the place.

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    Man, that's weird. That's the second time in two days someone has posted an idea I've had too. It would fly, I'd bet. But you know what they say, 'location, location, location....'
    DrR

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    How about near one of the 250 malls....[p]Really in the Mall of Ga. Area or Buckhead area would seem to be a good location

• Eggsellent
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    I vote for the Mall of Ga. area!!!

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    You're probably right. It would have a better chance somewhere in the ATL.
    DrR

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    Funny y'all should mention that. I'm about 20 steps into the 200+ step process of doing just that. No. 22 or 23 is gonna be talking to Ed about how we might work it all out as far as the name and things.[p]The Fire Marshall in Fulton County (buckhead area) basically said "not a chance unless I built from scratch and had an amazing fire suppression system". The guy in Dekalb was a little more pliable but wanted a lot more detail before even really commenting.[p]I was silly thinking the money would be the issue since that is the case with every other restaurant I have been involved with.[p]I'll keep y'all posted as to the progress, and if it flies I expect an amazing opening night turn out...lol.

• disabledBGEWDE
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I am sure that the people that built the Hoods in Chicago for Weber wouldnt be that difficult to track down. They could probably steer you in the right direction.

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    I'm definitely gonna take that piece of advice and start tracking down those guys. I also have a back up plan of going to the fire marshal of whatever county this ends up in and sweet talkin' them into any ideas they would have for a hood system. I found having someone suggest something is the easiest way to get it approved.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo!
    Just wondering if you got an email from me? A few folks are not getting my emails cuz cox is on their spam kill list.[p]Cheers, and as far as the restaurant, go for it!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You came through as neutral and were immediately upgraded...lol.[p]Check your inbox.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    i saw that episode a while back. . .did you notice how fricken big those kettles were though. . .i'm sure somebody like bobby-q would know how much cooking capacity he'd need, but unless bge made a super-duper xL, he'd need a lot of eggs in the kitchen. . ..[p]it sure look cool though, and

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Bobby-Q, just wait until you get to the county health/food inspector ;) They have no clue what a ceramic grill/smoker is...they don't want to know...it isn't an 'approved' device to cook with in a restaurant for public consumption..it ain't in their books/manuals....can I use an electric smoker with a vent?....yes....why can't I use a ceramic?....ah......ah....ah...I don't know, you just can't!...etc, etc, etc and on and on. I thought these guys were supposed to be edjamacated? So...now I'm working on putting the ceramic OUTSIDE on an approved raised weather/bug resistant floor/platform in a screened in enclosure with a smoke vent and a fire extinguisher standing by. They don't want it space age...so we'll try it stone age style ;)

• egghead2004
    Options
    BGEWDE,
    My wife is trying to convince her sister to open a latin/italian restaurant. They want me cooking the meat on the weekends if they were to go ahead. Guess which grill would be of choice for pork shoulders, prime rib, steaks and chicken! yup BGE.

• guys, nothing wrong with dreaming but being realistic you would need one pile of large BGE's and then it still may not be enough room under the hood to handle what you would need never mind the overhead of paying two or three cooks to do what one person could easlly handle with the proper hardware. [p]in a restaurant setting i'm sure you would have to go with a large roto type cooker and a large open grill for steaks and chops. [p]sorry guys, but i don't think i'm to far wrong with this thinking.[p]reg[p]

• FrankG
    FrankG Posts: 32
    Options
    BGEWDE,Zarda's in Blue Spring is worht the one hour drive if you have the time

• Michaelmork
    Options
    I have thought of it, in fact that is the reason I signed up today on the forum, is to see if anyone else thought of it.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Bobby Q,

I believe Kevin Rathbun uses a BGE in his steakhouse. Not for all things but some anyway.How did he get that approved? Bobby someone should check with Kevin...also there is a shop near Biloxi that has a restauraunt that uses just BGE's...it has been posted before...

Good luck...and don't overcook the turkey...LOL...it was till good though.. :P