Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Big Green Jeep- your opinion?

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am kicking around the idea of getting a jeep. I saw this one at a dealer:

4050fcf00a0a0002006c20c89c3259c4.jpg

The color is called rescue green. I personally like the color, but it took a minute to grow on me. I would love to hear your honest opinions.

1) Unique Color.
2) Why would you want a pea soup green jeep?

BTW- they said they would remove those ugly decals on the hood for me.

I know this belongs on the OT forum but nobody would see it over there :P.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• The color is called Rescue green for a reason. Someone needs to rescue it from the person who picked out the paint color. It's ugly.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Not too bad....definitely different, but if it were my money, I'd get a color a little more re-sellable- cool lookin ride tho!
  • OK, the second time I looked at it, it looked a little less gross. Maybe Tredwell has a point about the resale factor.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    I think the advantage of that color is that if a baby were to poop on it, you'd never be able to tell it. I would call it 'baby poop camouflage green'.

On the other hand, you'd probably hav eno problem finding it in a crowded parking lot.
  • Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    The color is called Rescue green for a reason. Someone needs to rescue it from the person who picked out the paint color. It's ugly.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I agree!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Thank you all for the honest answers :). It's funny at first I was "no way"...but then it grew on me. Definitely agree with CT about resale on an odd color like that.

Besides...this one matches my egg better:

caa2c9110a0a006501187f5b84cc66c7.jpg

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    love it. i've owned two wranglers and nowa liberty, but i'm getting another wrangler next.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    I think you'll be happy with the Rubicon but you may be able to get a better deal on the mountain, because of the color. While it does grow on you my first reaction was ugly.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Smokey, the color is excellent, I would buy it in a minute if I were in the market for that type of vehicle. You're the one driving it & if you like it who gives a fly'n f if anyone else likes it
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Get the Rubicon. I've got an '04 Rubi that is yellow. Didn't want a yellow jeep, but it was the only used Rubi I could find. The color has definitely grown on me. Maybe some day I'll trade it in for a 4 door model.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    i would get the color i liked, whats resale, bought my last truck in 1989 and dont want to replace it B) if i bought a new jeep i would be scratching it in the woods the first day, just to get used to the four wheel drive system, lighter colors hide scratches better. i would never get a black jeep :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    i like the mango tango, might paint my current truck that color, its time for a paint job :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    fishlessman,

Tell me you use a roller! ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    thats in nice shape. maine woods are brutally over grown, it would be all scratched if it were mine :) i stoved my door in within the first few hundred miles and wore the skid plates off in a few places on my 89 :laugh: almost wish the paint matched the primer
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    i have on my 71 yota :laugh: was thinking rhino shield next time. my 89 dakota i want a good paint job on, not many made like mine with the drop top
    fukahwee maine

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    has that thing ever rescued anyone or been off road :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • yep ,.. been off road a lot.. i drive it onto the yard and wrap a chain around the shrubs i want to remove and pull them out..
    rescued the neigbor woman a couple of times. she was stuck at work because she does not drive in the snow

B)
  • been garage kept and has not hit 50,000 miles yet
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    I like Jeeps. I'd like to own one. The biggest thing holding me back is EVERY friend I know who has had a Jeep has had it either stolen or broken into. Felt bad for one friend who had 4 stereos stolen from his Jeep.
  • fishlessman
    these are my two. the 89 just passed 80k, the yota has around 30k. i dont think the toyata has seen more than a couple thousand miles on the road, bought it from a guy that only used it to plow a dirt road to get to the house

DSC_0014-1.jpg
    fukahwee maine

• nice!!!
    i would love to have plow but really don't need one..
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    The color is okay I guess, I have the two-door wrangler in the darker green - absolutely hate the ride (similar to a tank), noise and frigid temps in the winter - have to keep the fan on ALL the time on high or it gets cold. Also...doesn't defrost the windshield worth a crap. I've owned five jeeps; I will buy another one but not another wrangler.
  • Wranglers are an absolute blast when the weather's nice.

4b083eb1.jpg

Joe
  • I just bought a new Wrangler on Thursday, but I went for the color "mango tango". I didn't see any of the pea-green Jeeps on the lot, and having seen your photo, I think I'd still be driving the mango tango today :)

Loving it so far, especially as we're up to our eyeballs in snow around here.
  • fishlessman
    ive got a plow but have never used it :laugh: when i got it i put a lift on it, i dont think the plow would fit right unless i dropped the bumper, and the mount is really low, loses the clearance.
    fukahwee maine

• BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Great looking vehicle that Toyota! Hard to find a good one that's not all rusted out around these parts.
  • fishlessman
    the rear section has been rebuilt a bunch of times, almost want to swap it out with an aluminum tub section but the part is worth more than the truck. i see talk about jeeps being hard riding and cold, they should try one of these frigid back breakers, there is a reason the mileage is low, crawls over anything, just dont go fast and hit a rock
    fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I like the color because it's different. Why be boring? Go for it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Zippylip wrote:
    You're the one driving it & if you like it who gives a fly'n f if anyone else likes it

I think I love you. Well said.