Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Butt

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well thanks again for everybody's help last week. As promised, I turned the computer off over the holiday weekend and shut up for a while. For one thing, I was too busy eating. But it seems I missed a lot over the weekend. Congrats to all the photo contest winners. Most of my favorites were in there, especially Colonel Pork Butt's. It also seems that I missed some fireworks. No loss there.[p]Now that I've tasted pulled pork from the BGE, I think the best advice I received last week was to take the 4.5 lb butt back and get two 8 pounders. Some advice I would add for newbies is to be sure the grid is oiled and to use a disposable drip pan. [p]My 4.5 lb butt took a long time...maybe 16 or 17 hours. I lost track. Might be ordering a guru soon. Some posts from over the weekend show good results during the day at a slightly higher temp, so I might try that next time. It also ended up a bit on the dry side, but you'd never know with just a little sauce on there. Yum.[p]QBabe, thanks for asking after me! I just had a very nice sandwich for lunch...[p]Joyce

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Trouble,
    I just posted my pulled pork cook on my website last night..in all the picumentaries I have done, I never did one for pulled pork...well it`s in the "Cooks" section of my website now....Glad your was a success.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    WessB,
    Thanks for adding that to your site. When I need advice on totally new egging territory (weekly, perhaps?) yours is one of several sites that I visit. The forum as a whole was incredibly helpful on this topic, so resources were plentiful.[p]Joyce

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Nice pictorial Wess, a great addition to an already killer site.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC