Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Special Memorial Day Salute.

Options
Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Take the time today to honor our hero's, men and women in all branches of the service, both today's and historical.[p]Among these is WJ "Bill Miller", Navy Veteran, now deceased, and with the sounding of taps this Memorial Day, you also are deep in our thoughts.[p]God bless ya all...and rest in peace![p]Char-Woody

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Thanks and well stated Fred. Let's remember all those who served to guarantee our freedom. My special thoughts go out for our dear friend WJ.[p]K~G
    USAF 1966-1970

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Well said, C~W. Rest easy, my dear friend, you are in my thoughts always and missed.
    USN

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Very well said...thanks.[p]Cathy
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Those men and women should never be forgotten.From WW II, Korea, 'Nam and all of the places in between...they have helped maintain our freedom.[p]Thank you

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Your profound words are right on the mark. This day is a tribute to all who served this great country. I hope people everywhere take a moment and think what today means other than a day off from work.[p]Honorably,[p]Smokey

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Right on friend. Thanks for reminding all of us of the reason we celebrate Memorial Day. Our freedom, and the way we are able to go about our lives is unmatched in the world, and we owe it all to the folks who made sacrifices to make it that way. Don't forget the wives!![p]NB[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • TJinBham
    TJinBham Posts: 24
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Right on bro. Peace & blessings.

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    My brother is currently out to sea in the Med(E-7), my other brother served 6 faithful years in the Marine Corps(E-5), and I have served 6 yrs in the Army {cough} Reserves(E-5) (boy scouts to many of you:) ).
    We all give thanks on this special day for the dedication to our Flag. And I give special thanx to all who served full time...in the time of peace and war...in which all the devotion and dedication to our Nation has given me the option to serve part time. May Freedom forever be with us.
    ST

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Wonderful thoughts by all. God bless Bill Miller and his may his memory live with us all.....[p]Fritz
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Well stated. We heartily agree.[p]Spin & MrsSpin

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I want to thank you for reminding us what today is really all about. Its about freedom. With out the men and women that served there is no telling what things would be like here in the US.[p]I think it is easy to forget what today is all about. Its not just a Monday off at the begining of the summer. For me my eyes were really opened the year I worked in the VA Medical Center in Milwaukee Wisconsin. By working there I really learned to feel what Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day was all about.[p]God bless Bill Miller, his wife and family and all those that have served our country.

• Unknown
    Options
    Thanks Fred. Link is my duty station 1944-45. Many memories there.

[ul][li]Home Away From Home[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    George... a link to my duty station, 1969-1970. Days long past with memories best only remembered from a distance. [p]From one vet to another, Happy Memorial Day![p]

[ul][li]1969-1970[/ul]
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    George,
    With the Yorktown on display here in Charleston harbor, I know it is an impressive warship.
    JimW
    USAF 1964 - 1992

• The Colonel
    The Colonel Posts: 87
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Bless you sir. I can always count on reading something from you when it really means a lot.
    For those lost but not forgotten--thank you
    yours in America--The Colonel

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    JimW,
    Kathy and I saw the Yorktown when we were in Charleston last weekend.