Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone need a meat grinder?

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to a local restaurant supply store today, Was wandering around the used equipment section and stumbled upon THIS!! I had no idea they made such things! Had to be 4' long x 2' wide x waist high!! And only $2800!!! Hoss, you NEED one of these!

Me? I'll stick with the KA attachment! :laugh: :laugh:

5379500466_e58c6132f5_z.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Very similar to the one my butcher has,, for custom orders he won't fire it up for less than 5 pounds
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    How much??? :huh:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Careful, the shipping might bankrupt you.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    $2800 - pocket change!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Options
    Not a bad price.I'll have to start saving my butter and egg money! :laugh: :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i worked in a meat department every now and then when i was employed at a grocery store in highschool.. i was normally a "grocery hog", but occasionally worked in the meat dept to help out.

once was shown how to make sirloin tips. we'd open the sirloin cryo, then run it thru a similar looking dee-vice that would chunk it up and drop it into a gray plastic bin on the floor. the manager went off to do something, and while he was gone i ran a few sirloins thru it, changing out the bin when it got full.

when he came back after a half hour maybe, he shrieked. i had a pile of meat on the floor at my feet. had forgotten to put a bin under it.

i felt like an idiot... he said "ah well". and then scooped it up and put it all into a bin to be bagged and tagged. "hell. they are gonna cook it anyway" he said :unsure:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hoss
    Options
    If it were in a really cool place I could go get it! :woohoo: ;)
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    They had used Globe slicers for $12-1500 too. Aside from the cost, where would you PUT one of those things!! They're HUGE!!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Hahaha. Right now, it's 15°. Is that cool enough for you? :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    My son once had a job as a restaurant cook. One day, he dropped a steak on the kitchen floor so he threw it in the trash. His boss happened to see this and my son almost got fired!! Not sure if the guy fished it out of the trash or not. Makes ya wonder whatcher eatin!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Options
    I just happen to have a spot. ;) I remodeled our old delapidating dairy barn.Would'nt take much at all to turn it into a butcher station.
  • Hoss
    Options
    Not THAT kinda cool! :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Well, this place sure ain't the OTHER kinda cool!! :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    which is why i always laugh at the warnings that dry aging must be done under ultraviolet lights, in perfectly chilled and humidity-controlled environments. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    you are SUCH a rebel!! :laugh: :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jurisdoc
    Options
    Read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain if you want a view into the kitchen - and he was at some good places, just imagine your local greasy spoon. Of course a restaurant inspector friend of mine always said he'd eat off the floor in McDonalds before he'd eat off the table at some "nicer" places.