Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BBQ Trailer

loxicloxic Posts: 25
edited 3:39PM in EggHead Forum
I am considering setting up an enclosed trailer with 4 XL eggs inside. I would like them to remain inside at all times if possible. Any ideas on venting, I know I have seen the pics posted of an enlcosed trailer with 3-4 larges, looked like they had giant windows cut out but no exhaust hoods. I was wondering if that was enough ventilation. I am looking to primarily set up at local events and festivals throughout the year. Any advice or thouhts, feel free to chime in I am still obviously in the early stages of planning and any kinks that can be worked out or avoided based on this communities vast knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
·

Comments

• CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Check with the local Fire and Health Dept's where you want to work. In some cases, my municipalty included, will not let you cook in an enclosed area without a hood & exaust system. The grilling area of my trailer opens up on 3 sides with an exaust fan in the ceiling.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    loxic,

I would think you would be alright with a double fold roof on it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • loxicloxic Posts: 25
    Sounds like I will have to check local codes to find out what is acceptable. It sounds like I would be safe without an exhaust hood if there is enough ventilation through the trailer and as long as it is legal. Like I said I am in the very early planning stages so I will be sure to look into your different ideas. Thanks again.
    ·
  • Like CBBQ said check with local health department. You will also need room for a 3 bay sink with fresh and grey water. Will need a fridge, cabinets for storage. Probably electricity. Make sure your trailer can hold all that weight and is big enough. Lots of little details too. Prep area, etc. Unless you have a commissary.
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Here is a couple of pictures from Wessb's site of Jim Wimer's trailer with 4 XL eggs.
    Larry.

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00070.jpg
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    That's a nice trailer. The thing loxic needs to keep in mind is the difference in the rules between cooking/competing and selling food.
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    You are correct...Its a different ballgame when your selling food.The trailer is very nice.

Larry
    ·