Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's fricking freezing out here!

Options
Egory
Egory Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's 20 degrees out in NJ! Too cold to Egg? No way - wife put together homemade meatballs, I'm grilling them and asparagus.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Go for it! 20° is balmy!!

And don't tell me you're wearing SOCKS!! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    sundays supposed to be 40 degrees colder at camp, im just going to drink by the fire ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Egory,

+20? Yer laughing man. It's cold here.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    clothing is mandatory socks are optional. :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    2Fategghead wrote:
    clothing is mandatory socks are optional. :woohoo:

True in winter. Summer, not so much. :laugh: But you have to be REALLY careful about flashback!!! :woohoo:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    ewe I got a visual :pinch:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    sorry, dude. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    That's the spirit!
    Chilly here too, -13 degrees this morning and I just finished grillin 2 big ribeye's on the small. Boy that steak was gooo-ooood. :)
    Enjoy the meatballs!
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Did pizza tonight at -11 (10F). A high expected on Sunday of -16 (3F) - planning steaks for that day.

Great night for the hot-tub.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    20 sure sounds nice. :unsure:
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    You tell em Steve. haha It was colder than that here in GA last week. :blink:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Dave,

We wished we had a box... I mean that's just balmy compared to Caledon :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Tom,

Really! I could get a tan :laugh: Y'all were colder than us last week. More snow too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Snow is all gone & it was 40+ today. Chilly tonight before a warmer weekend predicted. Then possibly something frozed falling the first of the week. Come on down!!
  • Smut-butt
    Smut-butt Posts: 142
    Options
    Come on down to Florida; the PROPERTY TAXES are terrible, but the weather is great.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Man,

I'm going to the Dominican a week Wednesday. Love to drop by but. ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Egory
    Options
    Sorry for thinking 20 was cold. It was 30 this morning on its way down to 12 tonight. Sorry for insulting you and wasting your time.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    You misunderstand, my friend. There is sort of an ongoing thing around here between the wuss's down south who think 70° is cold - vs those of us in the north who think 20° is T-shirt weather (well, almost anyway). 20° IS cold. No one meant to insult you, so please don't be offended. As you get to know us, you will find that little is sacred around here!

That said, I'm headed out to check on my egg (pizza night). 20°, boat shoes and no socks, of course. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Yeah what Michael said man!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Egory
    Options
    No worries, I'm just being a wise guy too. Meatballs were awesome. On tap for Sunday football is a rack of baby back ribs - dry rub and bbq sauce TBD. Sunday's high - 23 degrees. haha
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    FREEZING?? HOLLY SHIIT......You are in the bannana belt my man ;) . 20 F. is shirt sleeve weather, almost T-Shirt.
    It was - 34 F. this morning....And life goes on.
    We have a forecast high of +2 F for tomorrow and I'm doing a Venison Backstrap with German style Bread Dumplings.
    Sorry, but I'm thinking you all just need to "take a gup"...Take a deep breath and enjoy what God gives us every day :woohoo: !
    I woke up breathing again this morning and I hope to do the same tomorrow....Otherwise sombody else will have to do the cook :whistle: !!
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    you better be sorry!! :laugh: 20 is a warm up, it was -27 yesterday morning and a windchill of -39. :evil: now thats cold!! if it were 20 out right now, we probably wouldn't even put a coat on, and thats no joke!! :) My last cook i did was -12, nothen better than smoke and cold wind!! :blink:
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Options
    Where are you located, Mr & Mrs Potatohead? We had -36 yesterday morning here in Crosslake, MN. This morning's -17 felt much nicer. :)
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Crosslake...Holly Mike! That is the location of the Mini Frozen Fest :woohoo: .
    As for where I am: I'm about 80 miles N.E. of you in Grand Rapids
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    It was 17°F below zero here last night.

When I took these off the BGE it was 2°F.

Siberian Ribs

ribs_P1030470011211.jpg

And I'm just in central Minnesota. We don't even live where it's cold. I'd have to move to International Falls for that.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Awesome photo! I gotta clean my monitor....cause I just licked it! :ohmy:
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There were some good ribs. Certainly worth having to shovel my Egg out of a snowdrift. I don't mind grilling in the cold as long as the wind stays down.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.