Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just hit the Big Green Egg trifecta!

Options
ShedFarm
ShedFarm Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting a BGE for years, but something else always came up. After we attended the eggfest at Offenbacher's last October, I was granted a $1500 budget to work with (by SWMBO), but I had to wait until 2011 to get it.

Given that, the original plan was to get one large egg and a ton of eggcessories, once I got my federal tax refund in. It then grew to getting a large and a small, because SWMBO pretty much got me one of everything from the Ceramic Grill Store for Christmas, leaving more money in the egg pot.

With rumors swirling of the prices going up, come February 1st, I've been worried that SWMBO's mind would change, and there'd be no eggs to be had. So, I bit the bullet and mentioned the price increase, and the fact the gov't was going to hold back itemized returns until March, blah, blah blah. What happened next, was totally unexpected.

I was asked what the hours were at the local BGE dealer. When I asked why, the reply was that "We were going to go down there and get those eggs, before the prices go up!" She was going to pay for the eggs, and I'd just reimburse her, once the tax money came in.

Off to the dealer we went. So we're there, getting the ticket written up, when she looks over and sees a mini. She was like "Oh my God, it is sooooooo cute! How much is it?". The dealer looks it up, and she looks at me and says "That still keeps you plenty under your $1500 limit ... do you want that one, too?"

So, in a few days, we will have in hand not one, not two, but THREE Big Green Eggs!! I guess I will be building tables this weekend!!

For those not familiar with the term, "SWMBO" means "She Who Must Be Obeyed"
BJ (Powhatan, VA)

Comments