Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Got me a BGE DO, now what do you...

fishinjdbfishinjdb Posts: 18
edited 8:54PM in EggHead Forum
What are some great cooks to use it for? I see a lot of talk on here about them, but I need some direction as to what to cook.

John

Comments

• EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 179
    Start with something easy first. I did just burgers and dogs as my first cook. Next I did ribs. They were fantastic. I have done wings as well. I did them indirect. I have not done a brisket yet. I will attempt that this year.

Stef in Brunswick, Oh
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    osso bucco. great stuff.
    14OssoBucco.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mmm, so many options. Chili, gumbo, stew, bread, pot roast, anything braised.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,679
    Beef stew is always a good choice...

4302182579_d593f614b9_b.jpg

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

think he means "DO"="dutch oven"...
    Sorry I screwed up!
    i wouldn't call that a screw up... no harm, no foul.

i wasn't sure he meant 'dutch oven' either. :laugh:
    Thanks.
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,351
    Check the recipe section for 'Dutch Oven Pot Roast' or 'clays pulled beef BBQ'. I've also baked bread like the various no knead breads that are around.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,360
    Visit this site, then scroll down and download a free, cast iron cookbook for your enjoyment..

http://www.bbqpits.com/
  • LambchopsLambchops Posts: 166
    Baked beans!
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,086

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SlickSlick Posts: 382
    Pork and saurkraut!

Cheap pork roast cut into 2-3 inch pieces
    salt and pepper
    sliced onion
    about 1 inch water
    cook about three hours
    separate fat from juice
    brown another onion in butter
    add 1 cup juice from meat, kraut, and onion
    cook another 1/2 hour