Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ok I\'m just gonna ask...linking to previous post?

WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do I copy a link to a previous post? I looked in FAQ...apparently this question hasn't been asked frequently enough! :laugh:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1028589&catid=1

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Copy the URL. Then, in your post, click URL at the top, paste what u copied, then click URL again. No spaces.

That what u mean?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    Yes I guess, but what do you mean by copy the URL? I tried clicking on URL in the post but it didn't seem to do anything. Sorry for being thick... :blink:
  • Carolina Q
    The URL is the address for that particular web page (http://blahblahblah.com). You need to select that URL (double click it so it is highlighted). Then, press Control C. That will copy the URL.

Go to your post on the forum, click the green box that's labeled URL (above the text box you are typing in), press Control V to paste the URL, then click the URL box at the top again. No spaces.

You should see something like this... (without the "x" at the beginning).

[xurl]http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&catid=1&id=1028608#1028608[/url]

When you click "preview", the link will be a different color than the rest of your text.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    Thanks, Pat. I got it. I guess i thought there was a forum function that would do it. I wasnt getting the copy "from the top" part. Too simple...shades of red... :huh: :blush:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Michael, I just drag across it and right click copy then right click in the post and paste. I've never clicked the green boxes in the boardcode
  • Carolina Q
    That never seems to work for me - ESPECIALLY when using the Img code. If I don't click Img, I get no pic! I guess it's just another of the virtues of this 1980's forum software we use.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    Thanks, Michael. I got it...I tried it by just copying from my address bar and that seemed to work. I thought there was a forum function... Tucker is snoring right now but he thanks you too...
    faff0752.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    So cute!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Awesome beast!!! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut