Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunshine State Eggfest 2011 1st Update

Options
bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings Eggheads,

The O-fish-al Julie (Mainegg) countdown clock is at 80 days and 06 hours.. :woohoo: Poot and I thought we would give you an update and pass on some important information. Ticket sales have been good. We are at the half way mark with attendees. There are only 18 cook tickets left! So don't delay!!! The deck is limited to 400 so if you want to come, book soon.
Rooms at the Crown Plaza Resort (host hotel) are still available but going fast. The Tuckaway has Egghead packages with tasters tickets and rooms for one low price. (Great Deal) I think there are 3 left.
Demo egg sales are good but you need to hurry!!!!
The price of these eggs WILL go up appox 8% after January 31st.
The Ceramic Iron Chef competition is heating up. If you want to compete, you need to send LC an email. Who will win this year? For details about Ceramic Iron Chef visit: http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com/chef.html

Demo classes will again be held throughout the day. Our resident Eggdom Chef (yes, she is a real chef) LC will be demonstrating her Leaping Frog Cornish Hens (and maybe Quail :woohoo: ) and Pork Roulade. Zippy Lip will show you how to make the perfect pizza. Poot may also show us how to make his award winning wings. (God help us all. :woohoo: :blink: ) 044-2.jpg

So if you are tired of all the cold weather and snow, you may want to take a breather.....and come to the Sunshine State.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Hope to see everyone there.
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Getting all the cold and wet weather out of the way now so hopefully we can have this again

100_3808-1.jpg

1'st try with a slideshow so hope it works

th_100_3808-1.jpg

Haven't heard much about this amateur wing throwdown that might be going on in the back room :whistle:
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Tim...Does LC have a curfew this year???
    BC
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Tim,

If there is any way I can get there I will. Best fest I have been to hands down. Is the poolgirl coming?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bubba tim
    Options
    nope, she will party till she drops... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Yes and I'll be bringing your date but you'll have to find someone to blow it up :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    bill and I will get her home safe,,, well at least close to the door :evil:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    and stand guard ,,
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Can't wait. Fri/Sat tickets purchased..Hotel Booked..Plane tickets purchased. This will be our 1st fest and by the look of the photos on the Fest site it should be fun. Now if one of the local Melbourne Eggers could post directions to the liquor store we will be all set. ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    don't worry about directions.. there is a path worn in the road LOL
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Tim, Make that 11 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 6 minutes and 52 seconds!!!! :P :woohoo: B)
    your welcome :whistle:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Thanks Tim,
    Looking forward to the best eggfest.
    I don't see any ice and snow in these pictures. B)
    IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Many choices within 5 minutes and the hotel also has a indoor and outdoor bar. Last year they rolled out what was left of the keg for the afterparty
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Tim hope we can make it. Looks like really good fun
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Well isn’t this just something, they are planning a little get together of something like 400 guest all gathered on the East Coast of FLORIDA only 200 feet from the OCEAN and they have the nerve not to invite the SNOW and ICE, just what are they thinking. Then there will be a bunch of those green smoker/grill/oven things that use this lump stuff to cook great FOOD. Now there is talk of some kind of a Chef with Iron thing going on; I won’t be able to do that as I don’t do Iron. Now when it comes to Wings they could be in some real trouble if I decide to get into that little deal.
    KayNOcook and I have our room, Cooks tickets, Menu all figured out and some Cooks Seasoning all ready to go.
    We will arrive very early Friday so we can be ready for the Meet and Greet. After we check in to our room it will be down to the Beach to pick up a dozen or so GOLD DABLOOONS at the Seashore and after that we will cast our line into the surf and catch and release a few Tarpon on Fly tackle.
    Late afternoon we will be hanging out in the Lobby to lend a hand to all the fine Eggheads as they arrive.
    Yes we are LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER GREAT EGGFEST, no we are not VERY EGGcited at all. But we are LOOKING so forward to spending some Quality time with old and new friends.
    Jupiter Jim and KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    What no ice!!! how will I keep the Cooks Seasoning cold? :laugh:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Looks and sounds like a wonderful time...
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Okie Dokie, you want to learn how to make Award Winning Wings, :woohoo: not a problem at all, I just hope Tim listens and learns something for a change. As for the fest we can't wait to see everyone again and have some good times, good food and good drink. How does it get any better then that. :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    Options
    You are a man of your word. I trust you can make it. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Learn how to do wings from you? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: You are funny man! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Looking forward to my first Sunshine Eggfest, cooking with my 15 year old daughter. My wife and 17 year old will be cruising to Mexico that week so I decided to drive down to Melborne, cook, eat, and drink myself into a stupor. My youngest daughter has sworn off beef, pork, and chicken so I hope there will be good seafood/vegetarian selections from other cooks (?).
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Roudy: Drink yourself into a stupor?? Didn't anybody tell you it is a "dry" fest??? :blink: :whistle: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :woohoo: :evil: Looking forward to meeting you, and your daughter! :) You will have an amazing time, can't wait!!! :laugh: