Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

60-Day Steak, 60-mins Football, 60 miles of misery

Options
2»

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    In the paper here today the coach said we did not show up to play...But I already knew that.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The patriots still had a good year.I may buy season tickets for the Falcons next year.
    Larry
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Stike...Re: the football. It could be worse. You could be an Eagles fan and feel like that every year :(
    Brian
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    We seem to be developing a post-season 'issue' up here. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Other than the steak / roast sounds like you had a pretty cr@ppy weekend. Hopefully they'll all get better from here.
  • bayouegger
    Options
    Stike,

I have to say not too horrible of a weekend, as you said "your tropper wife" came up with the other car. Not sure if mine would have done it and I know the first words would have been "what did you do to my car?"

Sorry about the Pats, I like what you said a few weeks back about Brady and how he just plays football!! We have a QB down here similar in Drew Brees.

Steve
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Loved the snow pics :) , but what a slacker stike....no pics of the ancient steak cook? What a bummer. :( What did you do to deserve this karma?
  • stike
    Options
    1300 bucks to fix the car. ah well. of course, we don't have a price yet for the other car. hahaha

the steak was excellent. man. i am trying not to say it's the best i ever had, because that would be self-serving, easy to say, and obviously capable of exaggeration. but it WAS the best i have had. i certainly won't be eating it all any time soon, so i fully expect a 72 day steak in a couple weeks.

i think the last thing i eat will be some carpaccio sliced off the far end.
  • stike
    Options
    i frankly never considered asking her to drive down with an extra car for us. we made calls to get my buddy a ride. i was gonna buy the ticket from him, but let him sell it if he could. but she calls to say she's on her way with the other car, followed by her friend, who drove her back.

pretty great of her...
  • stike
    Options
    no pics. the guy is a fellow egger, but not a forum regular. he probably would have been ok with me taking pics, but we got to the stadium with about an hour and a half to spare. i fired off the small BGE, he heated some wings, we cooked some sea scallops wrapped in some of my savory bacon, then i tossed the steak on. too big to Trex, so i seared both sides, sliced off the bone which my buddy grabbed and chowed on), and the butterflied the steak, searing the 'new' sides. served with his gorgonzola green beans and shrooms. preceded by great fresh oysters.

had a couple "what is that?" questions, and one guy across from us who kept asking stuff like "how does it work as a smoker?" "does it get hot fast?" (they arrived before us and we were eating before they were, yeah, it heats up fast :laugh: ). his wife chimes in "he wants an egg". turns out he knew what it was and has been in the market for one

we shut 'er down at 4 and headed to the stadium...
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Yep - you had a really crappy day. I held out hope for my beloved Pats until the bitter end - and could kick their butts for giving the win to that sorry Rex Ryan. After all the bad luck you had yesterday, I just know you are about to have something spectacular happen - expect it! ;)
  • stike
    Options
    your reply almost sounds like a jeane dixon horoscope :laugh:

good luck is coming my way. i could use it.

by the way, just found out that due to the earth's precession, i am now a cancer instead of a leo. some folks here would say they've always known i was 'a cancer' :laugh:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'm rooting for the packers and pretending the AFC doesn't exist...good to see you made it to the game...need to find your tailgate next time....mine was lame!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    just looked that up, im a fish now. your cancer, seems they know what they are doing :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    you are a fish, eh? figures.

oh and hey, fish, the guy who i took to the game, by the way, got violently sick the next day. i guess i have an immunity built up from the aged beef. :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    was the rib bone, same thing happened to the dog :pinch: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    nah. his whole family had fever and 'stuff'. him included. just thought it would make you laugh.

scared me when he said it though. two for flinching