Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New Slicer! Whooa

bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 262
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine in Washington DC got a huge meat slicer and used it a couple of times and didn't want it anymore. So he asked me if I wanted it and of course I said sure, but since it's huge and weighs a ton, we decided instead of shipping it we'd wait for his next trip down to New Orleans.

Remember I said it was huge,,,

IMG_2339.jpg

Sliced up an eye of round roast marinated in Italian seasonings and then Egged over hickory, went a little too long but still came out pretty good.

IMG_2337.jpg

And heavy! Need to find a cart/butcher block island thing to just leave it on and keep it covered.

Super easy to clean, and has a built in blade sharpener which really works b/c I cut my finger trying to remove the blade to wash it.
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    That's a beauty, yep a stand of some kind seems to be inorder. Hope the finger cut was not bad.
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    My first restaurant job back in 1981 and I took the tip of my right index finger off with one of those. (yes I found the piece) Guards? Who needs 'em? Apparently I did.....
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,261
    All I can say is you have one really nice friend. Would cost me a morgage payment for one of those bad boys. Where can I find a friend like that?
    ·
  • I have a 1/2hp Globe 3500. It sure comes in handy for slicing your own rib eyes from a sub-primal or 40 lbs. of bacon like I did last weekend.

Congrats,

Mark
    ·
  • Yep, super nice guy, give you the shirt off his back.
    He's looking for an Egg so he might want it back someday.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Very nice. Wow there is so much you can do with that slicer. You can make your own deli or cure and smoke meats then slice it. Have fun! ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    DAMMITBOY! Now THAT's a slicer.Congrat's!
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    I would name it Mr.Slicer. :woohoo:

Larry
    ·
  • yikes! you hit the jackpot with that one! congrats!.... rr
    ·
  • That is the mac daddy. Awesome. I hope you have room for it. Sorry bout the finger!
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    That is a thing of beauty.
    ·
  • I want one!
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,567
    Very nice! Great "deal" too! :) Last thing I need is one of those, but every time I see someone posting about a slicer, I get the itch. Trouble is... I've owned CARS smaller than that thing!!! :laugh:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    That is one nice piece of industrial equipment!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Now that's a slicer! You have a very kind friend... :cheer:
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    took the pad of one of my fingers off...didn't hurt too bad til the doc checked to see if I hit bone...ouch....
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Kevlar gloves....
    ·
  • Yeah, baby!
    ·