Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Slicer! Whooa

bayoueggerbayouegger Posts: 267
edited 6:22AM in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine in Washington DC got a huge meat slicer and used it a couple of times and didn't want it anymore. So he asked me if I wanted it and of course I said sure, but since it's huge and weighs a ton, we decided instead of shipping it we'd wait for his next trip down to New Orleans.

Remember I said it was huge,,,

IMG_2339.jpg

Sliced up an eye of round roast marinated in Italian seasonings and then Egged over hickory, went a little too long but still came out pretty good.

IMG_2337.jpg

And heavy! Need to find a cart/butcher block island thing to just leave it on and keep it covered.

Super easy to clean, and has a built in blade sharpener which really works b/c I cut my finger trying to remove the blade to wash it.
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    That's a beauty, yep a stand of some kind seems to be inorder. Hope the finger cut was not bad.
    ·
  • BigBadgerBigBadger Posts: 461
    My first restaurant job back in 1981 and I took the tip of my right index finger off with one of those. (yes I found the piece) Guards? Who needs 'em? Apparently I did.....
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,969
    All I can say is you have one really nice friend. Would cost me a morgage payment for one of those bad boys. Where can I find a friend like that?
    ·
  • I have a 1/2hp Globe 3500. It sure comes in handy for slicing your own rib eyes from a sub-primal or 40 lbs. of bacon like I did last weekend.

Congrats,

Mark
    ·
  • Yep, super nice guy, give you the shirt off his back.
    He's looking for an Egg so he might want it back someday.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Very nice. Wow there is so much you can do with that slicer. You can make your own deli or cure and smoke meats then slice it. Have fun! ;)
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    DAMMITBOY! Now THAT's a slicer.Congrat's!
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    I would name it Mr.Slicer. :woohoo:

Larry
    ·
  • yikes! you hit the jackpot with that one! congrats!.... rr
    ·
  • That is the mac daddy. Awesome. I hope you have room for it. Sorry bout the finger!
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    That is a thing of beauty.
    ·
  • I want one!
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,382
    Very nice! Great "deal" too! :) Last thing I need is one of those, but every time I see someone posting about a slicer, I get the itch. Trouble is... I've owned CARS smaller than that thing!!! :laugh:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    That is one nice piece of industrial equipment!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Now that's a slicer! You have a very kind friend... :cheer:
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    took the pad of one of my fingers off...didn't hurt too bad til the doc checked to see if I hit bone...ouch....
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Kevlar gloves....
    ·
  • Yeah, baby!
    ·