Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mushroom Swiss Burgers

Options
Rolling Egg
Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Haven't made a post in a while due to being busy with the holidays and coaching my sons upward Kindergarten B-ball team, so I thought I would post my simple but tasty burgers I cooked tonight on the medium. I patted out my patties and rubbed with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and some fresh cracked sea salt. I cooked up my shrooms with butter and fresh cracked pepper in my trusy cast iron boats. The whole cook was around 400 degrees with some dome time open and some closed. I have always cooked with dome down but in the last year or so I've been cooking dome up some of the time on my burgers. I just believe theres a certain taste that you get from those flames whipping around those burgers. May just be me but oh well. They were good indeed! Hope everyones doing good and off to a great start to the new year!

the rub
IMG_7974.jpg
rubbed
IMG_7973.jpg
cheese
IMG_7975.jpg
shrooms
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_7986.jpg
IMG_7988.jpg
done
IMG_7992.jpg
I didn't get a shot of the swiss on the burger for some reason but you can bet it's there!

Comments