Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcocked Chicken..........

WVU-Egg
WVU-Egg Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
is there any way to mess this up? I just did my 2nd one ever on the egg and I think it came out better than the first one. Both were probably the best chickens I have ever had. And my 5 year old is a picky eater and she LOVES it. She just found out it tastes even better on a roll.[p]But basically I just put a rub on it and the egg does the rest. [p]Does a Turkey come out as juicy as well? I've never been a huge fan of Turkey because I find it comes out dry but I was wondering if a Spatchcocked turkey also comes out pretty tender than other cooking methods.[p]Thanks

Comments

• WVU-Egg, yep, EVERYTHING is more moist in the EGG, EVEN turkey !! Try a brined turkey a la Julie Appledogs method or Mad max style...moist and Eggcellent...I love turkey

• WVU-Egg,[p]I spatchcocked a 13# turkey, kinda, for the office Christmas party. I actually separated the halves and it was wonderful. At least that's what everyone told me, I never got a single piece. It was done at 375 to 400 in 1 1/2 hours or so.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC