Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suppose the butt goes well...

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have all the best directions imaginable for the fire, the rub, the injection, sauce, etc.[p]This is a lot of butt for me and my husband. Serving suggestions?
So far I have the required cheap hamburger buns, thoughts of pulled- pork-stuffed-tater-skins and of course ABT's.[p]I'm trying to stay away from too many carbs, but I won't miss out on a good sandwich. What else do you like to do with pulled pork?

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Trouble,
    I like to put PP in a jalapeno cheddar wrap with cole slaw. Really good.

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    Trouble,[p]Don't worry the first one goes fast - you will find yourself snacking on it - amazed that it came out so well...[p]If you really do have extra just vacuum seal it and throw it in the freezer. If you do not have a vacuum sealer then add it to the never ending list of toys that you have to buy to go with the egg.
  • LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    Trouble,
    Pulled Pork Enchiladas.
    Yummy!!
    Leftovers never go to waste.
    LOG/Jeff

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Trouble, well, what I do is to package it using my Food Saver into suitable quantities for a family meal and freeze it. Makes a great middle of the week hassle free meal. For small quantities like that the bag can be drooped unopened in a pot and brought to a boil. Otherwise if we ate it until is was all gone I'm afraid we would burn out.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Trouble,
    We use PP in mexican food, espically tamales, and to give away to friend and neighbors.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    LOG,[p]
    Hi LOG. You still itchee ?[p]StumpBaby

• Trouble
    Options
    God I love this place ![p]Thanks everybody. I am glad to hear it freezes well. If this cook goes the way I'm hoping it does, I'll do two next time and be set for a while. I really, really can't wait to make ABT's the way I've been reading about.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Trouble,
    Brunswick stew!!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Trouble,
    This shoots your low carb thing right out the window, but pulled pork is probably the best pizza topping known to man.
    Have fun!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Options
    Trouble,[p]Here's how I make burritos[p]1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
    2 jalapeno peppers seeded & finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 1/2 pounds pork butt cut into 1" pieces (or 2 pounds cooked)
    1/2 cup beef broth
    1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon salt [p]
    Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté' onions, green chilies, jalapenos and garlic about 2 minutes, stirring often. Add pork and broth. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about one hour, or until pork is tender. Shred pork with fork and mix well with pan juices.
    I use already cooked pork that I have already shredded. Put on flour tortillas. Makes about 10. [p]
    X Rick > [p]

• Trouble
    Options
    Salmon,
    That sounds great. Once again, a cut and paste into the library!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    RRP,
    God bless the man that invented the Food Saver!
    I got one for Christmas and I'm never looking back. Freezing in the FS and making a mid week meal is awesome! My wife claims it tastes as good as when it's pulled.

• Trouble
    Options
    Sundown,
    Geez...I don't have one of those yet. My husband likes the egg as much as I do because "it's the gift that keeps on getting." Well Valentine's Day is right around the corner...

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Trouble,[p]You can make pulled pork quesadillas with the leftovers.
  • Grate Grills
    Options
    Trouble,
    Barbeque Spaghetti, I use recipe out of book Smoke & Spice. If you don't have this book get it...Kurt