Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Screamin' deal on Thermapens

Options
2»

Comments

• TimothyRobinson
    Options
    Fishless,
    By "advertising" do you mean any participation by employees of companies in the industry?
    Tim
  • Cagey
    Cagey Posts: 86
    Options
    Tim:

Thanks for the update. I figured it was just a glitch with the web site. Looking forward to receiving the Thermapen.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    No Tim,

By advertising he means an owner or employee of a company posting unsolicited messages about specials or other offerings of their company. But I really suspect you already know that is what he meant and are intentionally being a bit coy about it.

You don't see NatureBoy advertising discounts or free shipping on his rubs - and he rarely posts about them in any case unless someone posts a very specific question here that only he can answer. Likewise with tjv and his products, big'un and his sauces, hungry man and his shirts, etc. They will chime in if asked a question but don't overly post "hey everybody, I'm having a sale, go to my web site". Dealers don't post about their specials or sales outside of sponsored and approved eggfests.

That is the difference. It isn't subtle, and in the past some very helpful people have been driven away for doing precisely what you have done here. That is why the rule exists. Doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else agrees with it - the rule exists and we should honor it to maintain civility in this forum and respect for the webmasters and others who created the rule.

The exception to the rule is, of course, Big Green Egg since it it their forum.
  • TimothyRobinson
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    No Tim,

By advertising he means an owner or employee of a company posting unsolicited messages about specials or other offerings of their company. But I really suspect you already know that is what he meant and are intentionally being a bit coy about it.

You don't see NatureBoy advertising discounts or free shipping on his rubs - and he rarely posts about them in any case unless someone posts a very specific question here that only he can answer. Likewise with tjv and his products, big'un and his sauces, hungry man and his shirts, etc. They will chime in if asked a question but don't overly post "hey everybody, I'm having a sale, go to my web site". Dealers don't post about their specials or sales outside of sponsored and approved eggfests.

That is the difference. It isn't subtle, and in the past some very helpful people have been driven away for doing precisely what you have done here. That is why the rule exists. Doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else agrees with it - the rule exists and we should honor it to maintain civility in this forum and respect for the webmasters and others who created the rule.

The exception to the rule is, of course, Big Green Egg since it it their forum.

I'm so sorry you feel that way. I will have to be more sensitive to your feelings. I can honestly say that my only desire was to make a great limited time deal available to our friends at Big Green Egg (I have interacted with corporate on several occasions and we have a great relationship with the BGE folks--supplied a bunch of green Thermapens for the last Eggtoberfest).

Please know I hold you in the highest esteem.
    Tim
  • Grub Blogger
    Options
    Been using my Thermapen and loving it. Game changer.