Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

coupla cooks: Prime ribeye, & Sriracha wings

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I may have already posted this, if I did sorry! Anyways, new years dinner was a PRIME ribeye, crabcakes, and tater. I normally don't buy prime steaks, so i thought for a treat it would be nice to get a prime. Drove down to local butcher, and was shocked at the prices... 27.99 for prime ribeye??? I thought that was a rip off but what do i know. I bought one to split for me and wife (what can i say. we normally end up with left overs and times are tough) and also bought a crab cakes.. Sort of "surf and turf" kinda thing... Did the crap cakes in a CI skillet with some butter. ... When i first bought the steak, I felt like what a waste. I could get this from the grocery store. :pinch: . After i ate the steak, i thought it was worth every penny. It was just amazing. We talked about it for a couple days afterwords. No comparison. just melted in your mouth.. Wouldn't buy one every weekend, but it was certainly a nice treat though.

P1000083.jpg
I couldn't tell ya the diffence by looking between prime vs choice, but i can tell you the price & taste difference

P1000093.jpg
NO evoo, just Kosher Salt, freshly ground black pepper

P1000097.jpg
This was our exciting new years. Ryan played just long enough downstairs by himself while mom and dad enjoyed a wonderful dinner!

Then last weekend we were expecting to feed 7. So i thought Homemade bread, did 60 wings, and 2 big things of home made mac and cheese. Well, at the last minute 3 cancelled. So we scaled back the mac and cheese and bread. Didn't have as much left overs as we thought.. I followed Chris's 30-20-10 method for the wings from his blog Nibble Me This. They were fantastic. I did 30 wings with Sriracha Asian Orange Marmalde, and 30 wings honey barbeque. Definately like Chris's 30-20-10 method. I usually do my wings direct, but i prefer this method. Setup using AR, and 2 racks w/30 wings. Worked perfect. Also I put the wings on a cooking cooling rack for easy trasnport.

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2009/06/30-20-10-smoked-hot-wings.html

P1000112.jpg
Somebody just couldn't freaking wait for me to take one quick picture...

That's all folks! thanks for looking!

Comments