Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Eggsellent

Options
Bobby-Q
Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to say thanks Eggsellent for the great meatloaf recipe. I know it takes some time to develop a recipe, well the good ones anyway, and it was really good. Made it with some potatoes au gratin and some fried okra and it was awesome.[p]Actually thanks should go out to Spawn as well since she got everyone thinking about egg meatloaf at the fest in Atlanta.

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]No doubt. I love how everyone out here will try everyone else's recipes, then immediately personalize them or try to modify them to their particular tastes.[p]I am already drooling over wess and sally's chicken roll thingy. Eggsellent makes something called butter chicken that has a crust of either crushed corn flakes or ritz crackers (when it's payday) and it's awesome. I've been trying to figure out how to egg them, but I think this is the answer. [p]Oh, and bacon and cheese IN a chicken roll? Mui bien!!
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I'm so glad you liked it. Had it not been for Spawn I would have never attempted meatloaf on the egg.

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I missed the recipe. Can someone please post it again? I had crappy meatloaf yesterday and it pushed me over the edge to finally do it on the egg. Thanks in advance.
    Seth

• Eggsellent
    Options
    640Dsc00334.jpg
    <p />Crab leg,[p]1lb. ground beef (80/20 is best)
    3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 egg
    1/2 cup milk
    6oz. velvetta cubed
    @ 1/4 envelope dry Au Jus gravy powder[p]Mix the first 6 ingredients and shape into a loaf. Sprinkle all sides with the Au Jus powder.
    Stablize egg @ 350 with inverted plate setter.
    Put loaf directly on grid (not in a loaf pan or anything else)
    Cook for about 1 hour or until internal temp reaches your desired doneness.[p]We LOVED it (including our 2 year old).[p]

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    Eggsellent,
    Thanks for your reply. Did you use any smoke with that, or just lump? Looks great.
    Seth

• Eggsellent
    Options
    Crab leg,
    No smoke chips - just what comes naturally from the lump. HTH