Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

boston_stoker pizza screens

lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
scroll down to basic pizza question and check out judy mayberry's post
i get mine at bova ,, a pizza restaurant suppy house. look around your area for pizza restaurant supply fun shopping i get my flour there as well
and you can get them from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pizza+screen&sprefix=pizza+screen

get a couple i use mine for shrimp, asparagus, green beans , smoked mussles anything i don't want to fall thru the grid
beware they are aluminum and if you put them on direct with the dmft off and start drinking they will melt B)

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    lowercasebill wrote:
    beware they are aluminum and if you put them on direct with the dmft off and start drinking they will melt B)

hahaha! bill, i don't think there are any drinkers on this forum. could be wrong though. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• what???? i thought cooking on the egg was just and excuse to go outside and drink even in the winter! :laugh:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    i hope i don't ever need your professional skills. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• everyone hopes that. ;)
  • Thanks for the link. I hadn't thought about using them for fish or veggies. Good tip about the melting, not sure I would have thought about that.
  • melting is not a problem as long as you don't go nuclear direct
  • lowercasebill - I have found that a lot of bad things can happen when you start drinking. Last time i did my son pulled off a brisket at 157 deg while I slept (?) on the couch. :unsure: Made good chili the next day.