Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great film of the snow in Boston

Options

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    That's cool.And a DARN good place for it! :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    hoss, they had to use BIG whisk brooms!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I'll say.A snowfall like that here would have shut us down for a month. :whistle: Like stike said,we are just not equipped to handle it.Ripnem and GW were walking around at camp in crocs and fleeces and Clark,JoJo and I were bundled up like the Michellin Man shouting BRRR! :laugh:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    My daughter has recently moved to Auburn, MA...she noted the other day that in the last 2 years every time she has encountered 1 ft of snow or more her husband Kevin has been coaching at AWAY bball games....coincidence...hmmmmm ;)B)
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Yeah Kim,

She got hit pretty hard you in Worcester in the last few days. But, believe it or not, they are usually prepared for it and know how to handle it. Now, what you guys are going through is another matter.
    Kate is having a blast and is teaching some of her classmates how to slide downhill in snow!
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty much a whiteout in Mystic with the vis only a few hundred feet..
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks Sundown, I was born in Boston and grew up in Walpole so that is like a glimpse of home. It's great to see but I don't need to experience it again. :lol:

Blair

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I'm wondering what algore thinks about snow in 49 of 50 States...DUUUUHHH!!!!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    gotta love how many times they cleared the entire plaza in frunna the boston public library (at left). not just a path, but the whole thing.

i was going to make a joke the other day that at the height of the storm it was three inches an hour, just like our honeymoon. before you get all huffy, people, we got married in december, and it snowed.

funny coincidence... that was the same hotel we stayed in before heading out, and we had the same view as that movie. what a co-inky-dink
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    he's thinking that many people assume global warming means it's going to be ten degrees warmer every day.

whether someone believes in it or not, it still fits with the theory that a warmer climate means more snow in places that don't normally see as much snow

energy introduced into a system creates wider swings. like a pendulum.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Thanks for sharing very well done.
    Larry
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    you should see them work that hill outside HC though....and the army of locals the college hires to shovel all the walkways (and all the stairs) at the school. Probably was completely clear the minute it stopped snowing....