Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chef Wil's stuffed brisket

Options
MerlinEgger
MerlinEgger Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thinking of doing one of these this weekend while watching the playoffs and having a bonfire. Any pointers on doing it. Does it speed up the cook since it's stuffed? I want it to be done before the guests are.........

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    MerlinEgger,
    check with WooDoggies but I'm sure you can expect the stuffed brisket to take from 8 to 12 hours depending on the size and quality of your brisket. The inside will be cooked but you still need to go through the process of the plateau to get it tender.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Img2630.jpg
    <p />here's Cap'n finishing up the sutures.[p]MerlinEgger,[p]I agree with Wil. Treat it as you would a regular brisket with the same times and temps as a basis.
    The higher the grade of beef, the quicker the whole thing is likely to cook. Ours was a 5lb prime flat with about 3lbs of stuffing.... you'd think it would've taken longer than the 9.5 hours at 210 grate temp to finish.... but it was done.
    The temp in the middle, where the sausage was, read 172 when we pulled it off. And the meat looked, felt and smelled done.[p]If you want to read about our cook, go to the link below. There have been several other folks on this board who've done Wil's recipe cook so please ask away if you have anymore questions.
    Good Luck![p]John

[ul][li]Wil's Brisket[/ul]
  • MerlinEgger
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Man - the pics on that link look awesome. May mine turn out half that well. BTW- are the PBR's essential to the quality of the cook? I usually stoke up on Coors Light - they don't slow you down you know..........

• Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Options
    WooDoggies, [p]Man, that was quite a cook - glad to have shared that one with you.[p]In fact, I gave my cousin a coupon for one of those as a 40th birthday present - and when he decides to cash it in I think I will go ahead and do two of them...[p]Goober,
    Bri