Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who says there is a "Grilling Season"?

asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
edited 2:28PM in EggHead Forum
The season starts on Jan 1st and ends on Dec 31st. It was about 12 degrees when I put these ribeyes on the Lg. Tomorrow I fly out to GA to attend Myron's Mixon Jack's Old South BBQ class. Hope the roads are OK there.
162920_1800941506432_1326651636_32075127_7081964_n.jpg
·

Comments

• Only "Grilling Seasoning"!
    ·
  • If you are heading to Atlanta, there is apparently still a lot of ice on the roads. My son lives there and said it's pretty ugly. Travel safe and enjoy your class.
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    call and check the flight info, any rental you might have and if the class is still on.
    I have been trapped in the house for 2 1/2 days now. We are pretty much closed down, here in the ATL :(
    ·
  • Where in Atl. is the class? How do I get info on it?
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    you can type his myron's mixon name into google and it takes you to his website.

somewhere in Unadilla Ga there is gonna be a fulled up class. he has classes in March as well. good luck
    ·
  • *cheers*
    ·
  • Grilling season is a 365 day sport
    ·
  • I'm in Perry, GA right now, the flight was on time and the roads weren't that bad. My flight was full of stranded Auburn fans. There were icy patches especially on secondary streets, but the interstates were clear. If you just drive normally you'll be OK. The problm is, people around ATL don't drive normally.

I'll post pics when I can.
    ·
  • That's good to know. I am doing a bunch of ribeyes tomorrow with a temp of 25. Too cold for me but can't wait to smell then taste those steaks.
    ·