Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini Band Install Help

BigDaddy65
BigDaddy65 Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know where I can find the install instructions for the new style mini band?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    The kit comes with instructions. No?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Mine did, and they all certainly should. Do you have one hinge or two? I have instructions for the two hinge kit that I can scan and email to you if you didn't get them. Send me an email if that will help.

Or, you can call them in the morning and ask them to fax or mail to you.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Mine did not either.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Carolina Q
    Never mind. Here you go...

5347209233_396976ed0f_b.jpg

5347209587_cd8541dcdd_b.jpg

If you can't read it, we'll figure out plan B.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Perfect thank you very much.
  • Hinge assembled will wait until it warms up and the wind dies down to go outside and put it on the mini.

By the way, BGE customer service rocks. The mini was a Christmas gift and it had the old style hinge and smaller grid. Emailed customer service a couple pics and they sent me out the new hinge and larger grid free, they even covered the shipping.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    If you are patient I'll post them tomorrow morning I've got them
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You should send an email to BGE letting them know who you talked to and what kind of service you felt you got. I think it is important for them to hear the feedback. Glad it worked out for you!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Molly, I already sent Bruce an email with a link to this thread. He needs to know that there are at least two guys who got hinge/band kits with no instructions. I also told him I saved his butt - again. :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    I got new bands for the mini in an eggmate box - and they turned out to be the old bands! Hoping we can get the new bands this week before the mini goes on display at the Icewine festival making roasted figs.
  • cookn biker
    Kerry, I was just talking to Tim. He is demo-ing. I hope the bands come in time for you. Have a great time this weekend. Don't forget to take pictures. Have fun!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Ran in to Tim at the dealers the other day - it will be interesting to see how the venue lends itself to the demos - it's the first year they will be doing them. Tim is a natural at it!
  • Carolina Q
    BGE doesn't seem to have their act together with the mini bands, do they? One hinge vs two, no instructions, and now - old bands in an eggmate box? What's next? XL bands with DigiQ instructions?!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    I don't think that BGE makes or has anything to do with DigiQ. What kind of hypothetical comparisone is that?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Carolina Q
    Hahaha. It was a joke, Darlin'. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    I did get some great help from the mothership and a fellow egghead when I installed, actually B&C installed. :silly:

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.