Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Most Depressing Sight! :(

Options
GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love snow and living 51 years in the Atlanta area, I don't see it that often but this is depressing to look at. I don't think I like snow anymore.

BGESnow.jpg

Comments

• MJF24
    MJF24 Posts: 146
    Options
    Get out there and light that thing up! It'll work just fine in the snow. One of the most beautiful sights in my yard is the Egg smoking away with snow falling around it!!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    A little snow isn't going to slow down the egg! Don't let it slow you down. How many people do you know who have an iced prep station? SCORE!!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks pretty nice to me! Why aren't you out there cookin'? :) Makes the neighbors wonder where the great smells are coming from in the dead of winter.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Chief Chef
    Options
    The good news for you is that the temps will warm fairly soon and the snow will be gone. Snowing like a banshee here in Cincy and likely to stay around for a while.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That is beautiful.
    Toss on a couple butts and you will be all smiles.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    I don't mind eggin in the snow... it's the -20*C that is the deterrent... I know... I'm a wuss. haha
    context is important :)
  • GeorgiaBorn
    Options
    Well I will be out there tonight doing some chicken wings for my wife. And nope Chief Chef, no warm up here. The first day we are supposed to be above freezing is Friday.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Just as long you keep it up there. I love the snow to but had enough of it, thats why we moved down here 16 years ago. Our last winter up North we had one blizzard with 13 foot snow drifts. YUK
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you see snow once in 51 years and it's depressing? why?
    gotta start looking at stuff that's new like it's a rare treat instead.

i dunno. if it were 105 here on christmas day i think the novelty would outweigh any disappointment.

of course, that assumes you have power and food and the roads are passable.

not trying to mock you if you are snowed in. but if yer not snowed in? well, quit complaining, man. enjoy the novelty. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea i know what you mean we moved from ohio so we don't have to put up with this stuff....

oh well i guess just another reason to light the egg ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    would rather have snow than grass :laugh: snow is fun, grass just grows like weeds in my yard
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    It's about 3" deep in sunshine here right now.

Spring "Weather Weather Everywhere And None Of It In Sync" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Chief Chef
    Options
    Tonight, fire up the egg, put on your favorite meat and go out and enjoy the sounds and smells of your dinner cooking. Snow has a way of muffelling all other sounds.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    that's why we kept going South until no one recognized a snow shovel ;)

Desert has it's benefits Oasis Woman
    bet ya never heard the words snow and oasis together :side:
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Except 'teeth-chatter' LOL

Spring "60° Is The New 32°" Chicken
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    why aren't you cooking?
  • XLGrEGGer
    Options
    Looks inviting to me. What a time to do some great cooks like chili!! B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's pretty bad when there isn't supposed to be any.

One of middle of the road storms for us...
    eggnsnow.jpg

I keep on egg'n though.

GG
  • GeorgiaBorn
    Options
    No Stike. Didn't say it was the first time seeing snow in 51 years. LOL

It is just depressing to see my Egg frozen and not blazin.

We get some sort of frozen precip here about once every 2 years, so based on that I have probably seen snow in the Atlanta area about 25 times.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC06185JPGa.jpg

I'm with you..... When it get's real cold, I sort of go into slow motion. Yes, that shows - 21°F

January262009-2.jpg

Uh, wait a minute.... I'm in slow motion most of the time. Heheeeehee.

Seriously, some of my finest cooks have been during adverse conditions, I'm sure you know that.

c77fd891.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

hehehe wonder if that's the same storm. I measured 26" at the time I took the picture and it was still snowing. I would think you get colder weather than I do down here.

Hope you folks had a nice Holiday.

Kent
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    Snow is the Holidays - its great for a few days a year but anymore and it's not so much fun anymore
  • MemphisQue
    Options
    NOAA - best weather sight out there
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    looks like you got nice fluffy stuff. good going. next time i will order some of that instead of what we got!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    stike wrote:
    looks like you got nice fluffy stuff. good going. next time i will order some of that instead of what we got!

You got wet heavy crap? We got powder here. Two FEET of it, but still...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Mine is weeds :laugh: