Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snowy egg in GA

SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have lived in GA my whole life. I never thought I would see snow like this again at home.

2011-01-10%2007.16.19.jpg
...my egg is in the picture so it is not OT

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Got the same thing in Augusta and still coming down.

Larry
  • looks like home to me :)

Mike
    Montreal Canada
    Bon appétit !!
  • Looks like you have a little more than we do here in the Augusta area, but we're working on a good 2", and like YB said, it's still coming down. A beautiful sight.
  • YB
    I hope we get all snow and no ice...My trees don't like the ice.

Larry
  • I'm over here in Evans and were getting a wintery mix now that looks more like ice that snow unfortunately. I think this is going to be an indoor day by the fire.
  • YB
    The same here...I'm in Martinez off of Furys Ferry Rd.I am going out to take a few pictures and then set by the fire also.

Larry
  • We have over 6" in upstate south carolina now and its still coming down. Thinking of doing some fatties before it changes to sleet and freezing rain. Yuk.
  • YB
    My wife just put 15 bean soup with a ham bone in the crock pot....The soup with fried cornbread will be good.

Larry
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    We got about 5" just north of Atlanta and it's turning to a mix of snow and freezing rain. Since I'm home I trying to think of something I can egg.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Hic
    We got about 5" just north of Atlanta and it's turning to a mix of snow and freezing rain. Since I'm home I trying to think of something I can egg.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Hic

Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    We are still waiting for it here in the Raleigh area. We likely won't get much snow, but lots of freezing rain. IF we do get snow this will be the second bit of snow in 3 weeks!!! That's insane down here. Global cooling is upon us.

We had our first white Christmas in 60 years this year too. Not bad. Kids loved it. I really hope we get some snow. Shut the city down for a few days and the kids will get to play. Oldest was released 2.5 hours early today from school in preparation for this. I can only imagine it's already closed for tomorrow.
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    Here in Fayetteville, Ga we only got about 1-2" .. just started the egg to do some ribs before the BCS Championship game tonight!!
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Larry, being a Yankee and all what is fried corn bread? Is it just corn bread that you butter and then saute or do you deep fry already cooked corn bread or do you fry corn bread batter?
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    sounds like we have about 12" of the heavy wet stuff coming in tomorrow night up here. have a couple of trees I meant to get down before this winter...hope they make it through.

Of course I guess we have the equipment to deal with it, but there will still be a mad rush for milk and eggs.......not sure why everybody buys perishables when a storm is coming? Maybe a storm is just a good time to make omelettes? :laugh:
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Chris,

Down here in the South it's like the Apocalypse is upon us when a snow or ice event is coming. The shelves can be all but empty of water, milk, eggs and bread. It's pretty funny. When a city like Raleigh gets even an inch or two of snow, where in the north you'd drive 65 and not think twice, here there are about a thousand wrecks and the place shuts down. You could be house bound for a few days. If you get alot of snow and ice it could be worse. In my last place after an ice storm we were without power for almost a week. Just think how the folks in SC or Georgia are coping. Could be worse down there. We barely have the equipment to deal with it, but down there it's even worse.
  • YB
    Rebecca,this is an old family recipe (my wife's mother & grandmother) for thin, fried cornbread. In a well seasoned cast iron fry pan, place 2 heaping tablespoons of oil (either crisco, bacon grease or lard), put pan in oven, turn oven on 400 degrees so that oil heats while you're preparing the cornbread mixture. In small mixing bowl, add one cup corn meal & add enough water to make it slightly soupy...add a pinch of salt...stir well. When oil begins to smoke, remove pan from oven, pour oil into corn meal mixture & stir well. Pour mixture into fry pan & return it to oven. Cook about 15 minutes, until top begins to crack. Remove from oven & turn cornbread over & place back in oven. Cook until it browns on top.

Larry
  • Wow - I never thought I would see the day where Atlanta would get more snow than Western NY on a given day!