Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good Morning: A Cochinita Pibil Sequence

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 10:41AM in EggHead Forum
Started yesterday with the sunset, 2 Boston Butts, 26 lbs, 250* Dome. Rubbed with Richard's Indian River Rainbow Pepper, a delicately balanced mixture of peppers: Black, White, Brazilian Red, Green, Szechuan, Coriander & Crushed Red Pepper, Also added his Death by Garlic, an exotic blend of Parseley Flakes, Garlic, Onion,Chipotle Chili & Cayenne Pepper. Threw in some smoking hickory wood chunks.

DSCN9748.jpg

Pulled at 200* internal,18 hrs.later, it was falling apart as I removed it from the cooking rack.................................

DSCN9752.jpg

Added The Pibil Sauce with the orange juice.......

DSCN9755.jpg

This is just the guys butt :ohmy: , ready to take tonight to the College Football Final at Jimmy's,
Left the other with Loren who is having the girls at home

DSCN9759.jpg

Have a great day!!!
·

Comments

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Beautiful everything, My Friend. I'm sdtupid, but what's in the sauce? Gonna get cold here in a day or two.

Mike
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Y.U.M.!!!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice job Beli. I bet that is delicious. :P
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    TKS Mike, This time I used the ready achiote sauce containing salt, water, annato seeds, pepper, garlic, cumin, thyme, clover & orégano.
    ·
    Tasted a bit.....it's delicious, cooking it on The Egg makes all the difference, If only the Maya had known.... :laugh:
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    What? No tequila? :)
    ·
    MMMMM well we'll need something to wash it all down tonight...
    ·
    Tim...hadn't had cochinita pibil for breakfast in a long time.. ;) .
    ·
  • Beli, that looks so good. I know your friends will enjoy that tonight. Have fun and enjoy your game.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    As always EGGcelent. Did you have a drip pan under the meat or just the plate setter?
    ·
  • wow! Never thought of adding Spanish flavor to pulled pork like that... that looks amazing! Bookmarked!
    ·
    TKS Faith, I think this is my first cookup to 200* internal, it was moist & falling apart from the rack
    ·
    TKS mi amigo, really enjoying your spices.....Used the drip pan with water
    ·
    Stephen it makes this a delicious Maya dish ;)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Beli, your porl butt is going to be a hit at Jimmy's tonight! :)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    Beli,

It looks very good. No banana leaves?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Awsome Beli
    These pics are going to get me through the winter.
    Looks mighty tasty :)

Shane
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    uuufff...soooo good...
    this time you did not use the platano leafs?
    i dont think is necesary to say...
    but...
    ENJOY THE GAME...
    drink a pair in my salud!!!
    cheers!!!
    ·
    Hope so, some of them, rather on the heavy side, were starting with their boring diets so i made it plain & simple....if you're on a diet don't show up........already, two of them decided to start their diets until tomorrow :woohoo: :laugh: ....don't worry Rebecca, i won't send any pics.... :laugh: after all, you know in advance what they're going to be like.... :whistle:
    ·
    Asked Loren to get them during the weekend but she forgot, no point going to Monterrey just for the leaves. Owe you this one my friend.
    ·
    Good, Shane, TKS & have a great day.
    ·
    I will, mi amigo, sin hojas de plátano couldn't get them in time. At least one to your health.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,395
    Looks really tasty Beli!! I just love pork!! :lol: :lol:
    Love the pink sky and flowers, thanks for sharing them!!You boys have fun tonight!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Molly I love those long cooks because I find them the easiest. Mostly cooked when I'm asleep :laugh: Must go now. Have a good night
    ·
  • Nice Beli - Looks like a wonderful meal!! Great pics as usual.
    ·
    TKS Jerry, took the pot with the meat to a friend's & it was literally polished in minutes & I had thought it was a lot. I rarely have leftovers :ohmy:
    ·