Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Good Morning: A Cochinita Pibil Sequence

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 9:50PM in EggHead Forum
Started yesterday with the sunset, 2 Boston Butts, 26 lbs, 250* Dome. Rubbed with Richard's Indian River Rainbow Pepper, a delicately balanced mixture of peppers: Black, White, Brazilian Red, Green, Szechuan, Coriander & Crushed Red Pepper, Also added his Death by Garlic, an exotic blend of Parseley Flakes, Garlic, Onion,Chipotle Chili & Cayenne Pepper. Threw in some smoking hickory wood chunks.

DSCN9748.jpg

Pulled at 200* internal,18 hrs.later, it was falling apart as I removed it from the cooking rack.................................

DSCN9752.jpg

Added The Pibil Sauce with the orange juice.......

DSCN9755.jpg

This is just the guys butt :ohmy: , ready to take tonight to the College Football Final at Jimmy's,
Left the other with Loren who is having the girls at home

DSCN9759.jpg

Have a great day!!!
·

Comments

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Beautiful everything, My Friend. I'm sdtupid, but what's in the sauce? Gonna get cold here in a day or two.

Mike
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Y.U.M.!!!
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice job Beli. I bet that is delicious. :P
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    TKS Mike, This time I used the ready achiote sauce containing salt, water, annato seeds, pepper, garlic, cumin, thyme, clover & orégano.
    ·
    Tasted a bit.....it's delicious, cooking it on The Egg makes all the difference, If only the Maya had known.... :laugh:
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    What? No tequila? :)
    ·
    MMMMM well we'll need something to wash it all down tonight...
    ·
    Tim...hadn't had cochinita pibil for breakfast in a long time.. ;) .
    ·
  • Beli, that looks so good. I know your friends will enjoy that tonight. Have fun and enjoy your game.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    As always EGGcelent. Did you have a drip pan under the meat or just the plate setter?
    ·
  • wow! Never thought of adding Spanish flavor to pulled pork like that... that looks amazing! Bookmarked!
    ·
    TKS Faith, I think this is my first cookup to 200* internal, it was moist & falling apart from the rack
    ·
    TKS mi amigo, really enjoying your spices.....Used the drip pan with water
    ·
    Stephen it makes this a delicious Maya dish ;)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Beli, your porl butt is going to be a hit at Jimmy's tonight! :)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    Beli,

It looks very good. No banana leaves?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Awsome Beli
    These pics are going to get me through the winter.
    Looks mighty tasty :)

Shane
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    uuufff...soooo good...
    this time you did not use the platano leafs?
    i dont think is necesary to say...
    but...
    ENJOY THE GAME...
    drink a pair in my salud!!!
    cheers!!!
    ·
    Hope so, some of them, rather on the heavy side, were starting with their boring diets so i made it plain & simple....if you're on a diet don't show up........already, two of them decided to start their diets until tomorrow :woohoo: :laugh: ....don't worry Rebecca, i won't send any pics.... :laugh: after all, you know in advance what they're going to be like.... :whistle:
    ·
    Asked Loren to get them during the weekend but she forgot, no point going to Monterrey just for the leaves. Owe you this one my friend.
    ·
    Good, Shane, TKS & have a great day.
    ·
    I will, mi amigo, sin hojas de plátano couldn't get them in time. At least one to your health.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Looks really tasty Beli!! I just love pork!! :lol: :lol:
    Love the pink sky and flowers, thanks for sharing them!!You boys have fun tonight!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Molly I love those long cooks because I find them the easiest. Mostly cooked when I'm asleep :laugh: Must go now. Have a good night
    ·
  • Nice Beli - Looks like a wonderful meal!! Great pics as usual.
    ·
    TKS Jerry, took the pot with the meat to a friend's & it was literally polished in minutes & I had thought it was a lot. I rarely have leftovers :ohmy:
    ·