Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef 'Brisket' Jerky

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BJ_05_28_0014_44_03.jpg
<p />I originally got my BGE last September to make Beef Jerky and since last September, I have made it at least once every month. I'v tried Sirloin tip, london broil and a few other cuts. [p]I've been looking for a chewier and spicier Jerky. At 5:30 this morning I put a sliced beef brisket on the BGE. Now 10 hours later, it is finally Jerky. I think that I have finally found the taste and texture that I've been looking for. [p]The only problem is the quantity (on the plate in the picture is 3 lbs of brisket, less a few tastes during the day. [p]Dinner tonight is PP, baked beans and cole slaw - Life is GOOD!
[ul][li]Beef 'Brisket' Jerky[/ul]

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Gfw, Are you saying that it made a LOT of jerky or hardly any for the amount of brisket? I'm looking at your picture and still can't quite decide which way you mean. Mostly because I've never heard a comparison with other cuts as to how much raw makes how much jerky. Am quite curious since jerky is on my soon "to do" list.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    MollyShark, sorry for the confusion. I guess I meant that there was more shrinkage than the other cuts - but the taste and texture was better than any I made before.[p]Good luck when you addit to you list![p]Happy Memorial Day!