Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Cpt'nCook

Options
Spring Hen
Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Hi Don,
I hate to show you the picture of my Christmas cactus now that I hear how great your flowers are blooming. We are starting to get colder weather here in Texas so maybe mine will start to get prettier. Pretty or not, it makes me think of you and Marie.

Here is my puny little cactus...hope you can view it.

Christmascactus001.jpg
Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    It's small but it looks pretty healthy. Cool and dark at night and not to heavily watered and it should get bigger. Sounds like it is going to be cooler in Texas tonight.

Ours finished blooming while we were in Mexico.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I have it in one of those african violet pots where the water is down below and it wicks up through the ceramic bottom as needed. Should I transplant it to a container with loose soil and a drain hole?
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    You might consider it, they get root rot pretty easily. It might really start putting on some size. I think they are native to Peru and grow up in trees like Spanish moss.