Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GTA Eggers - meat supplier?

Options
RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All:

I was in a place called the Butchers shoppe today. (Hwy 427 & Dundas area).

Here's the link. http://www.butchershoppe.com/

I've been trying to visit this place for months but it's rarely open on the weekend and it's been awkward for me to get there during normal business hours.

Apparently they supply many Toronto (GTA) area butcher shops. I haven't tried any of the meat yet, but they certainly have a wide range of product. Product that's hard to find a most local butchers.

For those that are interested, (in addition to the regular cuts) they carry; hanger steaks, tri tips, flat iron steaks, briskets, kobe beef, dry aged product, wild game, birkshire pork, suckling pig, etc.

You have to buy many of the items in bulk (ie: hanger steaks in a 10lb box) AND they only take cash. They service many GTA butchers so I'm sure there's a way to set up an account, but I haven't looked into that yet. I think I'd like to try some product first. I dropped a couple hundred bucks there this afternoon so I'll be tasting some product shortly.

Hey Steve ---you ready for a road trip?

Michael

Comments