Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O/T How did you get your name?

Options

Comments

• The Shed
    Options
    I needed a tool shed to store all of my yard stuff. My brother gave me the idea to make it a bar as well, since it is on the shady side of my house.

So I have cable TV, Dart Board, Bud sign and all kinds of knick knacks hanging in it.

This picture is of it new and before I bought a BGE.

Photo_100907_003.jpg
    Photo_100907_002.jpg

That's why I'm The Shed.
    Lance
  • NH Egghead
    Options
    Not very creative, but a proud egghead from the "live free or die" state.

HAPPY EGGIN!!!!!!
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    Pretty basic, I live in Alabama and just took off Bama and put Egg in there, added the - for no particular reason. Ala-Egg!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    where'd you buy your egg?

is there a place in Londonderry/Derry?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I am Canadian and I live in North Carolina. Pretty easy to figure out the rest. LOL. Plus I figured there was enough EGG names. Didn't need another CanEGGian or anything like that.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I picked my name cuz I like the stuff. :) Guess I could have picked "Grilled Asparagus" as I have it more often, but CQ just seemed to fit better here.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Old Bald Fat Guy
    Options
    Anyone want to guess? :whistle:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Old Bald Fat Guy,

Hilarious! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    :laugh: That my man is some funny Chit!! Nice one

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Mine is a two-fold reason...First, I am a Chef, and I am Little (petite I guess). Second, ever see the movie Ratatouille? When my husband and I watched Ratatouille the first time, he was in hysterics because the mouse was acting like I do about food. He said "OMG, that is just like you!!!" Getting all excited about finding a new ingredient, getting obsessed with having to have a particular ingredient to complete a dish, etc. The mouse was called "Little Chef", so that's what my husband started calling me. It stuck... :laugh: (and if you haven't seen Ratatouille yet, you need to. :laugh: ;) )
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    It's the brand of road bike I ride...another one for the un-creative list.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Michelle, I never knew that! I guess I need to watch the movie again.

Since I was planning on just lurking, I picked something simple for myself. Had I known what I was getting into here, I would have picked something more original!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I live in Spring Texas and my first cook was chicken (nuked it). That was back in 1999,

Spring "Stuck On Start" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I ride a Harley...actually two..I have the first one modified pretty good. When we were out and about,we were just bulls...in the parking lot and a couple of the members said "hey your bike sounds like a tom-tom" and they started calling me "the chief" and this bike is a 1996. It just stuck.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Options
    fun topic!

When I was still in the lab, I worked on a particular molecule called a ribozyme. Imagine enzymes are the Mac Daddy of biology. Well, ribozymes do a lot of work but don't get the credit that enzymes do. So people that work with them have a chip on their shoulders and I took the name to help promote these underrated little guys. Ok, nerdy science stuff, I know. :lol:
  • Zyme
    Options
    god i love that exchange from the simpsons... ever see where homer imagines all the things that go into a hot dog?
  • Zyme
    Options
    :laugh:

I was PI$$ed when i saw that was taken already!!! :)
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    I was listening to Jimi Hendrix when I joined the forum...Made total sense to me!
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    Options
    My Uncle hung this on me. When I was a baby they called me Billy Joe. It seemed that every time Uncle Rudy picked me up, I peed on him. So....Pjoe! :blush:
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    drugs
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    and i was sooo looking forward to the answer to how YOU got that name. You and Rebecca.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I was Zippy's supplier and my code name was,,, well now you know
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    because I am one, black sheep of the family, etc.
  • NH Egghead
    Options
    I am actually a Big Green Egg dealer. I manage a pool and spa company. We have a few retail locations, one in Pelham, NH and another in Hudson, NH.

Are you from these parts?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Collage in the early/mid 80's. Normal collage guy running wild. Sometimes when out of town you did't want to leave a "paper trail"!!LOL "Hello! My name is John Lockhart. Would you like to dance? :evil:" The 29 was just a number that kept popping up in highschool in one form or another and is my lucky number so to speak.When the internet came out I didn't/don't trust everyone knowing about me. Not because I'm the bad one now but some of them are. Hence the forum name. However most of the regulars I have meet or emailed know my real name.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    JL,

Thought that was your grade point average. :laugh:
    Mine was about there too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    originally from salem. got mine at Fences Unlimited (The Stove Shoppe). They tried to tell me i didn't want one, but i wouldn't listen :laugh:

the stopped selling a while ago, and then i think this last year started selling them again. i don't think they are users. i know of a few dealers around here (Northshore/Boston), and most are NOT users, and have no idea what you are talking about when you ask them questions. glad to see a dealer in the area who uses the egg

there's a guy from rochester who was a nice enough guy (dealer also) who used to be on here, but he hasn't been around in a while
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • 3Pedals6Speeds
    Options
    I'm a bit of a car nut, and prefer manual over automatic transmissions. When I started signing up for user names on all the discussion boards, I owned a 6 speed manual car, and it never seems to be taken.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    He found it floating in Lake Pawtuckaway. :woohoo: