Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you guess this car?

Options
icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in Off Topic

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi
    That is the 1954 GM Olds F-88 Concept which sold at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale in 2005. $3,000,000 not including auction commision. Lot #992 I was their covering the auction and my associate Alan bought it. It now resides in a museum in CO.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Bingo! I have always loved this car and most people don't even know it lives..

Sold for over 3 mil!
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Well...isn't this a small, but very well informed world! That's awesome that you know the owner. I love watching the auto auctions, but dont really know much about cars.

Sweet car for sure!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Which museum?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's where they (can't remember who excactly) have been having a compitition with eggs for the last 2 years. There is a celebrity also involved. It is beautilful on the western slope.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    A verrrrry beautiful sports car.
    See what's possible!!! Concepts get vanillafied by non-designers for production. What's left is only a shadow of the original design. I can see why this baby is valued, it wins hearts.
    The year this Olds F88 was conceived, so was I. ;)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    hmmmm. I was already a lad of 10 when you were just a twinkle in your Mother's eye! Have a great weekend, Clay!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    I actually saw this vehicle in the '54 Motorama in Miami. I was 17 at that time.

Thanks for posting!!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    breath taking. love the lines and the back end.
  • Bagger722
    Options
    Looks like something George Barris would have had his hands in. Very similar to his style.