Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Love

Crimsongator
Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, this is long over due, but we got back in town recently from an extended Christmas vacation. I haven't had the opportunity to post a few things and want to do so now

My secret Elf gift that arrived promptly and has some great things to try. The baggie has shagbark hickory in it
039.jpg

My Christmas present from Neil and Julie. They played great hosts to a New Years Eve lunch at the winter compound. It was a great afternoon.
058.jpg
068.jpg

This was about 5 hours post discharge on Chrismas Eve from the ER with a kidney stone. What a wonderful present following a 12 hour drive.
044.jpg

Following Kim and Ginny (or maybe Ted) through Atlanta
144.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Nice Christmas and New Years. I had kidney stones for years now. I had one removed and since then I have no trouble passing them on my own with minimal pain. Sometimes twice a year. I can show you my jar of stones. :woohoo:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Damn Gene,

They are supposed to hurt some. You OK?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Ouch....wondered why you were so quiet lately. Glad you are better :)
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Dam the luck!
    Hope you are OK now!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Crimsongator
    We never found this one and it has been 2 weeks.
  • Crimsongator
    Yes, much better now and the hydrocodone helped tremendously!
  • Crimsongator
    What, am I not normally quiet?

Crimson "tis better to think prior to speaking" Gator
  • Crimsongator
    It honestly took about 4-5 days to feel normal again
  • 2Fategghead
    Do you think it was moving from your kidney to your bladder? You my have more to come. S.D.-R is a natural herbal extract. I get it in liquid form but, you may be able to get it in pill form. It is suppose to aid in dissolving the stone/s. Wishing you well. Tim :)

I do take S.D.-R when I feel ill.

S.D.-R - Stone Stone Dissolver by Ruben Schwartz, kidney, bladder. (Stone Root, Gravel Root, Marshmallow Root, Hydrangea Root).

Ruben Schwartz is a Amish type of person and lives in this area. People go to him and he looks into their eyes and tells them what is wrong with them and then suggests what herbal extracts to take at what dosage. He does the exam for donations and the herbs you have to pay for.

http://www.pureherbs.com/
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Yikes...definitely not my car.... :ohmy: :unsure: :pinch:

Glad you are feeling better... :)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    2Fategghead wrote:
    People go to him and he looks into their eyes and tells them what is wrong with them

Same thing happens here with me, except usually my informing them what is wrong with them is unsolicited.
  • Crimsongator
    Sorry Tim, not into holistic medicine. I went to the ER and they did a CT scan to determine it was in the bladder, there were no more in the kidney and here is your pain med.

Btw, I was told to avoid sweet tea and that 2 cups of coffee daily or lemonade would counteract stones.
  • 2Fategghead
    It's probably a good thing. What you say to them most likely shouldn't be repeated in public. :laugh:
  • Crimsongator
    We sped up to catch it because I was sure that was you.
  • Crimsongator
    So instead of prescribing herbal stuff do you accuse them of using herbal stuff?
  • 2Fategghead
    Crimsongator wrote:
    Btw, I was told to avoid sweet tea and that 2 cups of coffee daily or lemonade would counteract stones.

Oops I'm guilty of sweet tea but I also drink 2 cups of coffee daily.
  • 2Fategghead
    Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies. :whistle:

In the past. It's all in the past! :huh:
  • 2Fategghead
    Crimsongator wrote:
    Sorry Tim, not into holistic medicine. I went to the ER and they did a CT scan to determine it was in the bladder, there were no more in the kidney and here is your pain med.

That tells me you are in for another episode in the future and this is when is has to come out. :( :unsure:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    we have a follow-up MRI tomorrow, to just to do an annual check on the heart, you know, preventative look for aneurysms and aortic valve stuff. had a couple scans last month for some other stuff that came up during the annual. tultimately a clear bill of health, but had a brief scare.

I wished I’d known about this amish guy that could have looked directly into our eyes and simply tell us what is wrong with us. those idiots at mass general had us scared with their dang 'med-ickal visualizin EM-ARE-EYE CON-traptions' and talk about 'aortal anyoo-rizms and stenosis and co-ark-tayshun'
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • 2Fategghead
    Hey not a problem dude. Simply send me your eyes and $5. per eye and i'll be happy to take them over to Ruben and we'll see what he says to take. Perhaps some Shepherd�s Purse - Stops bleeding, blood in urine or and stool, diarrhea, kidneys and urinary system, stops bleeding after delivery, bent penis. :evil:

Hey I think I missed my calling. Let me know something soon because I'm going out of town soon. :whistle:
  • stike
    does it stop the blood in urine or stool even when it's from cancer? that would be good to know. also, if the blood stops, can we assume the cancer is cured?

i wished we'd known about this sooner, because my F-I-L was in the hospital week of Christmas eve and lost ALL his blood through internal bleeding and the 'pathways' aforementioned. If i'd known we could have cured him with some oregano, i would have had him out of the ER and here for christmas. :)

why am i always the last to know these things? :ermm:

just funnin'

what folks give creedence to is their own biz.
  • Fidel
    Oregano? That's your mistake right there. Shoulda gone with caraway seeds.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    BTW- that wouldn't be my car...I'm about to disown 1 of those teams. Can you guess which one? B) :(
    And the other 2 can go straight to .......
  • stike
    well, see, that's YOUR mistake. my witch doctor is a skinny guy from philly. he listens to you over the phone and can hear what's wrong with you in your voice. his diagnosis is free, but the oregano is pretty preicey.

cured me of rickets, though, which i didn't know i had. told me i had it, then i ate his oregano, then he told me it was gone. worked like a charm ;)
  • Fidel
    Ahhhh... I see.

The old psychosomatic symptoms by proxy ruse. You can never trust a skinny guy from philly. 'specially one that's prematurely gray and overly flatulent.
  • 2Fategghead
    I hope he gets better. :)
  • stike
    he is much better. turns out he needed some extra sage in his diet. :cheer:

(thanks, he actually is doing quite well.)
  • stike
    a little garlic will cure the flatulence. roast an entire elephant bulb, eat it, and the next day all the past and future flatulence you might ever expect shall be visited upon thee in a purge of epic proportion
  • 2Fategghead
    Hey man I might try that! :evil:
  • Crimsongator
    I've looked directly into Tania's eyes and told her what was wrong with, not a good idea. It took about 3 days for the swelling to go down.