Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Everyone Cooking Tonight

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Three racks of baby backs here at the Ward's.It's about 65 degrees here perfect egging weather.
Larry

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    YB,
    Got some scallops ala Bill Wise marinating and will do some abt's for before hand.
    Bobbyb

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Larry:[p]Had three racks of babybacks yesterday for lunch that were really great. Nice long low and slow with some apple wood for smoke and a sauce I have been playing with for dipping.[p]Pork tenderloins that have been marinating in a mojo for the past couple of days for this evening.[p]Speaking of the weather, this Christmas/New Year has been one of the milder in recent history. We are gonna pay in late January and early February!
  • Ed Earl
    Ed Earl Posts: 28
    Options
    YB,
    Spatch-**** chicken gets spun.(Dizzy Pig)[p]Ed

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    YB,[p]Jerky on 1 egg, brisket on the other. Enchiladlas in the oven. [p]I just finished up pushing ice today from the other day. 45 and sunny, -5 by Friday.[p]Enjoy them ribs.[p]CWM
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    YB, I have 4 chicken-spinach-feta sausages going right now as appetizers for the Green Bay game, and will do a soy-lime-pepper-firewalk pork tenderloin later.[p]Scott

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    TSpinChixBreasts.jpg
    <p />YB,[p]Keeping it simple tonight. Butterflied chicken breasts rubbed with Goyo olive oil and liberally coated with Tsunami Spin. Think These will make good sammiches? The only bad thing is I used up the rest of my Tsunami Spin! I guess I'll have to give Chris at Dizzy Pig a call tomorrow. I'll need this and some Ragin' River, some Cow Lick,,,,,,,dang they've got some good stuff!

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    YB,[p]Smoking some Burton Garlic Sausage on the small and will be doing Nature Boy's Maple Glazed Salmon on the large. Hmmm Good.[p]This will have to last the week as I head to Huntsville for a week long meeting.[p]Cheers & Beers,[p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Baby backs, Larry!
    31° here. and plenty of snow. It took me about 20 minutes to dig my truck out so that I could go to the store. I am happy for the electric starter and the nest - the new large BGE is right outside the back door.
    XO

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    YB,
    You got me salivating....I'm doing a raspberry/chipotle pork tenderloin.[p]Mike

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    YB,
    Just took a 6lb flat off the egg about 20 minutes ago. Rubbed it this morning with a little mustard and a lot of Witchy Red, put it on at 250F at 9:30, set the guru in ramp mode for meat temperature of 200F. Started squawking at 5:30. Of course it got many spritzes of 1 cup cider vinegar, 1/2 cup Capt. Morgan's, 1/4 cup Dale's Sauce along the way. It's resting in the foil and cooler now.[p]Too lazy to take a picture. You just have to imagine the succulent, reddish mahogany red bark, delicious little burnt ends...

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    YB,
    Ran out of lump and did not realize it, so it is Pizza Hut thin Crust Super Supreme tonight...lol. Maybe I will put some Dizzy Pig on it and see what happens.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    YB,
    Using the BGE for an oven.
    Leg of lamb boiled for 15 minutes and dried
    Then browned in dutch oven, fat sucked off
    added 60 cloves of garlic
    flambed in brandy
    added 1 1/4 cups wine, orange juice and honey
    covered with parchment under cover of dutch oven
    on egg for 6 or 7 hours at 200 degrees
    Will let you know

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    YB,
    Just took off a Boston Butt that was on for 19 hours.

• JimboBQ
    Options
    TSpinChixDone.jpg
    <p />Reckon these will eat? That Tsunami Spin really kicks it up a notch! Uh oh,,,,,I hope that didn't sound like someone else................. These should make some great low fat grilled chicken breast sandwiches if I don't use too much mayo.[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    YB,[p]Skewered Steak, marinaded in OJ, Ginger Ale, Garlic, Red Pepper, Sesame Oil and Teriyaki. This is how it looked when it went on. Forgot to get a done shot cuz' the wife and kids were screamin', but let me tell you those were some good eats.

[ul][li]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/brhollifield/IMG_0733.jpg[/ul]
  • YB,[p]Orange-ginger-sesame shrimpies as appetizers followed by lamb chops drizzled with juice from our preserved lemons and coated with a new lamb rub we're anxious to try. Add orzo and steamed fresh asparagus. Key lime pie martinis have already mellowed out this beautiful Florida day.[p]Diana (only because Ken's in the kitchen)
  • Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    IMG_0733.jpg
    <p />Didn't mean for you to have to link to find the pic.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Borders,[p]Did you make the sausages yourself, or do you have a "real" butcher shop you can get that kind of stuff from?[p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    YB,[p]We're doing a spatchcock chicken with BGE's new maple rub, some steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas) and an apricot walnut rice.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Marine Cook
    Options
    ml3.JPG
    <p />YB,[p]We tried Nikkig & Boccies' Meatloaf from the BGE recipe page. Really good.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • Marine Cook
    Options
    ml4.JPG
    <p />Marine Cook,[p]Very jucy, egged at 350 with some cherry wood and pulled it at 167.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    newthigh.jpg
    <p />Marine Cook,
    Stuffed chix thighs.
    I put sliced jalepneo peppers on the ends to keep the pepper cheese, green onion. and mushroom stuffing from comming out.

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    QBabe, We are blessed with a Fresh Market right down the street from my house. They have some pretty nice stuff, and the chicken sausages are on of our favorites.[p]Also, good idea on the gasket for the small daisy wheel.[p]Scott

• GrillMeister
    Options
    DizzySalmon-1.jpg
    <p />Here's Nature Boy's Maple Glazed Salmon with Ragin River Rub. I used one of those silicone basting brushes to put on the melted butter/Maple Syrup glaze and it worked great in keeping the glaze on the Salmon and not in the fire.[p]
    BurtonGarlicSausage.jpg
    Followed up with Garlic Sausage from my favorite butcher, Burton Sausage in Burton, TX. Those folks know how to make the best sausage and their pork ribs are fantastic to work with. I used a cake pan without the bottom to raise the grid on my small. Works like a charm!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • JimboBQ
    Options
    jake42,
    Those stuffed thighs look good. Where could I find the recipe?
    Thanks,[p]Jimbo

• Marine Cook
    Options
    jake42,[p]Wow they look awesome. I like the idea with the peppers.[p]MC
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Is that salmon not the best!? Beautiful![p]Mike

• tn slagamater
    Options
    YB, ground beef tenderlion made into hamburger and sent to Miss Mini.... wow, best hamburger ever....

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Thanks. Even my picky son loves it. I love to serve it to guests cause it makes me look like a coolernary genus. LOL[p]Actually, it does amaze folks, but I can't keep Dizzy Pig a secret. I hand them the bottle and point to the website.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Essex County
    Options
    CampCook,
    Sounds amazing! Please do let us know how it was![p]Paul