Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Sammie for dhuffjr

Options
eenie meenie
eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I promised dhuffjr I would drop him off a prime rib sandwich from the left over roast at work this week. Made good on my promise. Thinly sliced beef on a salt caraway seed bun with plenty of horseradish sauce along with chips and an OSU Buckeye cookie.

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5915.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the sandwich Dennis! :)

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Rebecca,

That looks amazing!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lowercasebill
    Options
    beef on weck!!! with prime rib!!!
    no wonder he is smiling
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww que deliciaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    So nice of you Rebecca!
    Where did you get those buns? Those are required for the beef on weck (sp?) from Canada. Faith and I really liked them.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    bill, it was just a coincidence. I happened to be in my local grocery stores bakery and somehow, I thought that would be perfect for the sandwich.

Now that you mention it, I have heard of beef on weck, but I certainly wasn't thinking about it consciously when I assembled this sandwich. Pure coincidence.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Molly, they're from the bakery in my local grocers, Dorthy Lane Market in Dayton. They have a very nice selection of breads.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Beautiful sandwich and you had to ruin it with that cookie :angry: :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Now, now Patrick. You behave. You're on a public forum.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    bill,

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thanks, I'll see if they mail.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Molly they mail......but if I attend the Ice Fest I'll bring some. Even overnight, they wouldn't be as good the next day. How about finding the bakery (I heard it was in Colorado Springs that makes the German bread for the Continental Deli in Cherry Creek North in Denver, 250 Steele Street, 303-388-3354. I don't know if the get it from Wimberger's Old World Baery and Deli, 2321 Bott Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80904-3727
    (719) 634-6313 or not. I bet you could make them.

http://www.dorothylane.com/departments/bakery/.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    What an incredibly nice thing to do!!! He looks quite proud of your lovely surprise. You rock! :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    that was very kind of you and that sandwich looked delicious! Otherwise I'm still working on a rebuttal for the other night! :whistle:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Thank you so very much it was an awesome treat. That bun was really good.....almost pretzel like. Gonna have to hit the market and look for these. Last time at DLM I dropped 100 on two bottles of vinegar and a spice set to make flavored dipping oil as Christmas presents for Angela. I'm not sure she will let me back.....at least until we are out of the vinegar :huh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    What time will you be ridding the Fatboy by the plant with mine today??! ;)
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    That sure looks good, Rebecca. The roll looks killer. Molly and I had a similar sammie in Buffalo that made we want to locate that roll. Thanks for the info.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Rebecca that looks perfect. I'll go ahead and send you an email with my address at work. I usually take lunch around 12:30, but I understand it is a long drive to Atlanta from Dayton...so I don't mind if you show up by 1 or so.
    ;) :laugh: :woohoo:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.