Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: It would be a dream come true

Options
13»

Comments

• Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Great banter!

I'm at lunch at work and gritting my teeth:

"Indy's D is ranked 5 spots higher than the Pats". :)

Haha! What ranking are you referring to? Those rankings are not a true reflection. If you are up big, your D never sees a rush....but your pass D gets peppered for yards in their Prevent set.

Good banter though! Best I've ever had with Pats fans....which by the way, nobody's asked if they were on board Pre-Belichick and Brady. :). There are a TON of bandwagon Pats fans....and you long-timers know that.

I'll send on some direct emails tonight on the shots taken at Manning. Not to defend, but illustrate similarities on He and Brady. First and foremost, if you pressure either of them, they're subject to picks and long faces. I know Peyton has the face, but Brady has a hissy-fit hand punch into the ground when he's getting pressured/sacked. Don't tell me you haven't seen it!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i started watching hard core back when Pete Carroll was coaching. not a life time fan, but around for a long slog of crap. hahaha

those old aluminum benches at schaeffer stadium were cold, and when it rained, the water underneath the stands was up to your knees. dirt parking lot...

good times... good times.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i liked the old stadium better, liked the old gardens better, hate the fact they took the troughs out of the bleacher rest rooms. whats a bandwaggon fan :laugh: are those the guys in other parts of the country that follow teams other than their home team. :blink:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    True, the rankings are skewed but the Pat's D was their biggest concern (see Peyton Hillis), this year and last. Very young, but they have improved tremendously throughout this season- McCourty going from an undersized corner wailing helplessly at larger receivers to a 7 interception guy. I think Manning's problem this year is that he is throwing to guys that aren't reading the defense as well as he is. The timing is off and I tend to blame a Garcon and a Tamme over Peyton (no Dallas Clark is killing him). Oh by the way, wore a number 73 jersey for most of my young life-no pink hat here. ;)
  • Fornia
    Options
    fishlessman wrote:
    i liked the old stadium better, liked the old gardens better, hate the fact they took the troughs out of the bleacher rest rooms. whats a bandwaggon fan :laugh: are those the guys in other parts of the country that follow teams other than their home team. :blink:

Is it ok to root for a team from the area where you grew up, even after you've moved? :)

Or should you change when you relocate? B)
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no you cant change :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Unless you're moving to Philly. Then you HAVE to change. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Haha,

They had big horseshoe shaped ones at Maple Leaf Gardens and you didn't want to be at the low ends at second intermission.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    my feeling is if you move, you know. hey... root for the home team, and keep an eye on your 'old' team. when they meet, it's fine to root for either.

any excuse works.
    hahahaa
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i would still want a REAL CHEESE STEAK, NOT ONE OF THOSE CANNED CHEESE STEAKS.
    fukahwee maine

• RedBag
    RedBag Posts: 72
    Options
    Actually it’s root for your ‘old’ team and keep an eye on the home team. Born and raised in NH. Lived and died for the Sox. It was tuff back then…Pats were even worse. For 21 years now live in the Atlanta burbs. I like the Braves and Falcons and TG for the different leagues but when the 2 meet I still pull for the Pats and the Sox.
  • Fornia
    Options
    When traveling, I have a simple rule:

If they call it a Philly Cheese Steak, I don't order it.

What you get won't be a Cheesesteak!
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    unfortunately, people have been mislead as to how great Brady really is. A good QB yes. better than average, definitely... as good as Manning... not even close.

Manning would always get beat by the pats because he tries to go head to head with bellicheck. Manning reads the defence bettter than anyone in the game and is in a league by himself... when getting beat up by the pats, he was just no match for their head coach who would confuse the hell out of him.

IMO... the wild card games are a lot times... the best football played during the playoffs.
    context is important :)
  • Fornia
    Options
    Peyton is the best on SNL! Believe it!

I laugh like crazy everytime I watch this. If you don't think it's funny....dare I say you're a 'Peyton-Hater'!

Volume is bad on this one...but it's the full skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ch-erbmxO4&feature=related
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    You got the dream part right ha...who am I, I've been a bengals fan for over 25 years...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241