Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Wicked Good - bad bag?

NJKelNJKel Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys,

LOML got me two bags of WGC WW charcoal for Christmas. I've cooked with it before and really liked it.

I just broke into one of these bags two days ago and it was particularly smelly and smoky getting started. It took over 90 minutes for it to be ready to cook on my large - and on top of that, the lump seemed to burn down a lot quicker than I was used to with WGC.

I tried to start another cook tonight, but there was more smoke from this lump than I have ever seen in four years of using my egg multiple times per week. This lump popped and sparked and smoked heavily when I would open the lid of the cooker for more than a few seconds. Totally uncharacteristic of what I am used to with WGC.

Anyone else experience this? I am definitely going to call them in the morning to let them know.

The purpose of my post is just to see if anyone else has noticed any changes in their product? I've been using RO for most of 2010 but wanted to get back to WGC. I'm hoping this was just a fluke.

Thanks guys!

Comments