Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ordered a DigiQ DX

Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,942
edited 5:53AM in EggHead Forum
Just placed my order! My thanks to Mom for the Christmas check... "Merry Christmas! Use this to buy something you don't really need, but would like to have." And yes, I already know how to reach and stabilize at whatever temp, without such a device. :)

It's red, btw. I heard that was the most accurate color. hahaha

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    So the hearing aid will have to wait until next year? :whistle:
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    I think she said something he DOESN'T need!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,942
    No problem. I found the intercoms from years ago. One will go in the tupperware box outside and the other on my nightstand. Doubt I'll need them anyway.

Central Connecticut 

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,942
    You're worse that Pat is!! :laugh:

Central Connecticut 

• Hope you enjoy that one! Best of Luck.

I've sure enjoyed my Stoker since I blew a few bucks on it a 2 or 3 years ago.
  • Good for you. Even though it's not hard to get the egg to stabilize I still love using the guru. Great for the overnighters you never have to worry or when you are away all day. Great buy.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,563
    Good deal! That's what xmas is all about- buying stuff you don't really need :).

I agree that it is not a necessity, but having some kind of controller sure is nice.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I love my DigiQ. Set it and forget it.
  • You will LOVE it!!!!!!! :)
  • muskyjohn wrote:
    You will LOVE it!!!!!!! :)

Not needed, but I can't believe how I can punch in a number to smoke salmon at 200 dome for a few hours, press a button to simmer chili on the egg at 230 for a few more, hit it again to cook indirect at 300. They are great.