Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do or Do Not, There Is No Try

Options
FatDog
FatDog Posts: 39
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
Greetings, all ...
I am no longer going to try to lose weight; I am going to lose it. I have been fighting with 20 pounds for as many years and am tired of playing that game. Problem is, I reeeaaaallllyyyy like food; you know, good food, food cooked on the Egg, fat food.

I have looked for other forums to find persons on the same path but most of them have been tree hugger, woe-is-my-fat-@$$, I can't control my eating types. I wanted to find some people who know how to cook and enjoy good food who are on the road with me.

Speaking of "on the road", I have signed up to do a half marathon in March and am using that as my springboard to keep motivated. I still need a quick kick in the tuckus now and then to remind me to stay on the path. I'm looking for y'all to do that.

Anyway ... enough of this rambling. I'll check in daily to get motivated and to motivate.

Now, off to a New Year's Eve party involving steamed oysters.

Comments

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    I suggest getting three dogs that will tear your house apart if they don't get 2 hrs of trail time :woohoo:
    The Egg makes the best veggies.
    Just half the proteins.
    Pizza only once a week :laugh:
    Good luck on the run.

Happy New Year

Shane
  • FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 39
    Options
    Excellent idea except that my idea of a high energy dog is a Bassett Hound.
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    It's not the food, it's the (lack of) activity. Hike, bike, stroll, yoga, whatever floats your boat. A triceps injury sidelined me during the fall, so I'm jumping on the New Year's health bandwagon now that it's better. Gonna have a thick t-bone for lunch, too.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It sounds like you have the right attitude. Yoda is quite the inspirational speaker ;).

I am in the same boat as you. I have packed on some pounds since it starting getting cold. The egg has increased my love for food...and that doesn't help! Like Shane said- there are plenty of healthy alternatives on the egg so we can still enjoy it. I have found that I have to watch what I eat and exercise to get any results. I am going to be doing lots of grilled meats and veggies. I try to stick to leaner meats at least until I make some progress.

Good luck on the 1/2 marathon. I am not ambitious as you...but I am looking around for some 5K's to start ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.